Quantcast

Juliette Lewis kissed me Monday night.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Yep, I can't quite believe it myself... when I was in college watching her "kill" people left and right in, "Natural Born Killers," I never would have guessed she was going to smooch me one day.

Monday night my girlfriend ("My Fair Maiden") and I went to see her band, Juliette and the Licks, rock the house at the Black Cat in D.C. She put on quite a performance, akin to a less-muscular and less-veiny Iggy Pop. The band was very tight; the performance genuine.

We were at the front by the stage, but this fat-headed dude (known in the local scene as Cape Man since he sometimes wears lavender capes to shows) was to the left of me between Juliette's place on stage and us. And every time she came to our side of the stage, he popped a camera in her face and flashed it. Needless to say, she didn't come over our way much. Even worse, this guy had so much dandruff that it looked like he was in a snow globe before the show... and when he jumped up and down not only was his fat head in my way, but his dandruff was floating around and possibly getting in my mouth. I spit my gum out for fear I'd get dandruff in it somehow. (I'll try to post a photo of his fat head tomorrow--I have to get it from MFM first.)

As the band left the stage, Juliette made an effort to grab a bunch of people's hands, and then she started to walk offstage. Then she came back over to MFM and I, squeezed us together and kissed us on the cheeks! Then she left the stage for good. I think it was a very sweet gesture--her way of letting us know she saw us singing along.

It was an altogether uplifting show. Check their music out on MySpace here.:thumb:

Edit: Here's a pic we took at the show. No kissing, sorry. Copyright 2005 S.J. Wang.

Attachments

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I know at one point her and husband, pro skater Steve Berra, lived near me in the San Fernando Valley. I never saw Juliette, but I did see Berra at Target store once by my house...

Personally, she doesn't do much for me, but to each their own. It should also be added that Juliette is part of the whole Scientology movement...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
As the band left the stage, Juliette made an effort to grab a bunch of people's hands, and then she started to walk offstage. Then she came back over to MFM and I, squeezed us together and kissed us on the cheeks! Then she left the stage for good. I think it was a very sweet gesture--her way of letting us know she saw us singing along.

:

cool.....shes hot n crazy

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Tenchiro said:
This thread is worthless without pics!
I'll add a couple pics as I get them. I just added one to my original post. :)

I can't wait to add the one of the fat-headed fan with the dandruff. I won't have it until tomorrow then. It might rank up there with some of DH Girlie's pics.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I had Black Francis give me some blood capsules at a Pixies show on Halloween.

He didn't try anything funny though.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Andyman_1970 said:
She has a band???:confused:
I don't know. But she did act as a band member in the movie, "Prey for Rock & Roll." And yes, Gina's band in the movie sucked, but that's what made the movie really feel authentic to me. The scene where they're playing a song they've written about one of the members being raped is so intense. The music's not that good, but the emotion that spawned it seemed so real. I think almost every time several women get together in a band, they're going to write a song at some point about having been sexually abused, raped, or the like since many women have experienced it. Anyway, I found Gina Gershon's movie to be really powerful and representative of bands with women in them in the underground scene.

Back to Juliette... her band is real. I think they're going to end up playing for years. Juliette says she's always wanted to be a singer. I'm glad she has the time to share her talents as a singer/songwriter/frontwoman with us.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
She's playing the Ottobar in Baltimore on Halloween, though!
I gotta stay close to home. My wife is having a baby any day now.
Hopefully the band lasts and I can catch them next time through the area.