Quantcast

***July 5th post celebration GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Dog #2 got into the dog food Tuesday afternoon while we were out. Apparently sometime last night the consequences caught up with dog #2. Woke up to a kitchen floor covered with dog sh!t. :twitch:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
This is my off week, glad to see the heat wave will break next Tuesday after I am safely back in my air conditioned office. sheesh.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Sydney had a sleepover last night, baby is napping and I am resting. I found out I have a blood clot in my left leg on Tuesday so I have to wear my compression stocking and take it easy for a couple of days. I am hoping my leg feels better tomorrow so I can get in a bike ride.

Coffee in hand + Le Tour on the TV = Happy Mamma Monkey!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Not yet. I can't believe How much it hurts though. For right now, compression sleeve, heat and rest though they did say I could bike (not sure if I was clear on the MTB thing though).
Last year the pain was so bad that I was as white as a ghost and in a cold sweat due to it, it's a horrendous pain. Had it diagnosed that day they sent me home, they told me to keep it elevated, but 24 hours after and still hurting after 6 pillows under the leg, it still hurt just as bad. Pretty much spent the rest of the week in a hospital bed.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Only plans were to watch my 6Yr old's State Championship softball tourny game. They mercy ruled the other team in 4 innings in 92 shadeless evil heat. Dairy Queen, then random hiding in retail stores.

Then our 8Yr old talked us in to a 5k at Fletcher Park. She'd never ran any distance race.

32:14 was her time and she wants to do another. Calculating expenses for next 18 years to fund dreams of athletic dominance.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Kitty (my daughters cat) was spooked to no end last night, Monday (my cat) could not give less of a sh!t about all the ruckus. :rofl:

Planned to do some cool stuff for the 4th, then at lunch on Tuesday the wifes starter went out. It didn't seem like a starter, so I did some other work while eliminating other possibilities. Found an Alpine alarm held in place with 400 zip ties way up under the dash. Took about 2 hours to undo that mess, but at least it's out of there now and the wiring is back to "normal".

Went to the store to get some BBQ fixin's only to get pissed. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce has HFCS, but no gluten, so it was the only option (short of going on a multi-store hunt). There were only 3 sauces without HFCS and those all had gluten. Wow.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning, yo.

Had a SWEET day yesterday: rode some double secret probation XC trails (seriously, you should see the map) with the GF in the morning, then shredded some DH with her at Winter Park in the afternoon. Ran into Nick (yes, that Nick) and got a couple laps in with him. Cracked the Sleepy Monkey IPA homebrew after riding, sat on a rock in a creek and drank a couple. Ate the best pizza in Colorado afterwards. A BOOSH-worthy day, without question.

Good morning.
First day of vacation. Coffee in hand, le Tour on tv.
This makes me sad:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nick again.
I'm assuming that Stoney98's silence this morning means his BBQ was successful yesterday? Nick, got any beta? How's your buddy, BTW?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I can't say I missed seeing fireworks this year. (zero in Colorado, you know, as the whole state seems to be burning, ready to burn, or recently burned)

FT: Good time at the Stone's, met the newest addition. Had some grill-ables, opted for wine vs beer, then went home and crashed. Up cleaning a bit for some company in town for a long DH weekend. We'll be building bikes, grilling and drinking tonight. Feel free to stop over for either or both.

Buddy Kirk has a sprained wrist and bruised ego. :disgust: He'll be out of commish for a bit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can't say I missed seeing fireworks this year. (zero in Colorado, you know, as the whole state seems to be burning, ready to burn, or recently burned)

FT: Good time at the Stone's, met the newest addition. Had some grill-ables, opted for wine vs beer, then went home and crashed. Up cleaning a bit for some company in town for a long DH weekend. We'll be building bikes, grilling and drinking tonight. Feel free to stop over for either or both.

Buddy Kirk has a sprained wrist and bruised ego. :disgust: He'll be out of commish for a bit.
Thanks to stopping by. Always good times.

FT: Silence is because I'm a bit busy in the morning now, and trying to make money at work. I would have invited you guys, but I know how much Steph loves kids...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks to stopping by. Always good times.

FT: Silence is because I'm a bit busy in the morning now, and trying to make money at work. I would have invited you guys, but I know how much Steph loves kids...
Hey now... kids are fine. Freakish "Children of the Corn" with an unnatural fixation syndrome? Not so much... I mean, it's cool you didn't invite us. No big deal. I don't invite Nick or you to go DHing either. Funny thing is, we keep running in to Nick... maybe he's got an unnatural fixation syndrome as well?

Nick... are you stalking me?