Quantcast

july 8-9 dark mountain downhill race

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
i will be there as well it should be a very fun race from what i have heard. you should race man. even if you dont do well its still good experience(cant spell)

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Update regarding 1-day license - I checked & NORBA requires a minimum fee of $5 for a 1-day license as such we will have to charge this for any one that does not have an annual license.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
How is the course in comparison to Sugar? Thinking I should drive down to this.

And if it stopped raining today, and dried out til then, is it still going to be a muddy good time? Getting burnt out on mud.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dark mtn is more of a "fun" race. nothing super burly or anything. pretty fun rock garden section that takes a little practice to go through quickly. some jumps and lots of fast, gravity assisted pedally sections. it was my favorite race last year, partly because the course was more fun than scary and it was the most well organized race all season.

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
manimal said:
dark mtn is more of a "fun" race. nothing super burly or anything. pretty fun rock garden section that takes a little practice to go through quickly. some jumps and lots of fast, gravity assisted pedally sections. it was my favorite race last year, partly because the course was more fun than scary and it was the most well organized race all season.
I would have to agree. Real good time. Fun to be had.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
wishihadmoney said:
yup im gonna hit it up fer my first race..ill be riding a hardtail :)..i ehar its hardtail friendly though
Yeah its hardtail friendly for the most part...the rock garden section is the only thing but its short & there's a line to the right that isn't to bad just a little slower...or at least it will be for the race. Later

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is the Demo going to be way over kill there? I am debating stopping at the race on my way out to Nevada. Its almost on the way, and I'll have the Demo in tow, so what do you think?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
the demo will work great there. it pedals well enough that you shouldn''t be at a disadvantage and the time you'll make up in the rock garden will be worth it. i'm racing mine, speed holes and all ;)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
the demo will work great there. it pedals well enough that you shouldn''t be at a disadvantage and the time you'll make up in the rock garden will be worth it. i'm racing mine, speed holes and all ;)
You should duct tape that crack so dirt doesn't get inside the frame, adding weight and thereby slow you down. :clue:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
manimal said:
save your money fellas. she's all better now thanks to some NASCAR welder-dudes :thumb:
If I don't see a #3 sticker over that weld at Dark Mountain I am going to be very disappointed in you young man...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'm bringing my now resurected Demo out for a go.

How is practice going to work?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
sbstianfreeride said:
about how many people where racing in each class last year?
is there going to be a lot of people? because thats what im hoping.
Last year most of the Men DH classes had around 8 racers per catergory. Most of the XC classes had 5-8 per category. The link below contains the results for both days. Hopefully this year will be better as we are definitely banking on it...

http://www.bmcc.us/id57.htm

I was at the trails tonight marking off most of the xc course. By the time I got home it was starting to rain. I was actually hoping it would rain some this week so the trail would stay in good shape during the race...not get to dry and starting cracking. Looking at the forecast the rain tonight should do the trick if we get a enough so by the weekend the trails should be awesome. Later

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Sorry, we needed to get all the info to the timing team by this evening so that they could load it before heading out early in the morning. Otherwise they have to load it onsite and thus the reason for the difference.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Where is everyone sleeping for this little get together? Went online to try to get a camp spot, and the big place isn't allowing reservations for tent camping.

Any guesses on the number of people coming to this?

^vindicator!

Chimp
Jan 18, 2007
Eeeyy EuroNewbie wussup buddy. Anyways, I would love to enroll in this race. But fortunatelly, I will either be in Australia or Europe. Because I would either win it or wipe out. Well probably the wipe out version sounds more plausible. Anyways, Nic said you are off to Dark Mountain in two weeks, I am going with you! If you take me :). Let me know if you are up to some riding bud!
Cheers
^vindicator!