Quantcast

July/Aug. West coast tour

birdman2447

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
I have a 2 week trip planned to ride the west with one other buddy. I have family in CO and friends in WA. The trip will be a mix of dh and trail riding. I will be shipping out both my GT Fury and Stumpjumper 29. I plan on spending a week in CO riding mostly dh and then heading up to WA, riding in OR on the way up. I plan to ride mostly all pmountain stuff on the second week.

Any advice would be great. Right now this is my tentative plan.

7/25 flight will put me into Denver at noon.
7/26-7/27 dh at snowmass, my aunt works there and will be staying with her for a few days.
7/29-8/1 ride a mix of dh and all moutain. From what I have been told crested butte and winter park have the best bike parks in CO.
8/2-8/6 drive to Oregon and ride for the first half of the week. The only spot so far that I have been told is a must ride is oak ridge.
8/7 rent KTM's at this place
http://www.oregonmotorcyclerental.com/
8/8-8/10 I will be staying with a friend in Seattle and he will be showing us the trails there.

So my real question is what spots are must rides in CO and OR?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
The ribbon in grand junction would be foolish to drive by and not ride. It's pretty epic. Also aspen->cb is pretty far out of the way

right on the way to Oregon from Colorado is park city, where a day at deer valley to ride fireswamp, theives, Devo and ncs plus 3hrs to ride armstromg/pinecone/crest/connector/canyons down... would be awesome.

Last edited: