Quantcast

jump jam

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Our trails have never looked better.... So we decided to share.
Some calls went out, and we got a pretty nice crew to show up. We even got to ride with a well known pro.
Some pics (big thanks to SLICK for taking them!) to tide you over while I render some video. :thumb:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
good stuff...

please tell me that isn't another broken RST Space fork....
I would if I could, but I can't.... it's the third one that has broken on him too. He said the others didn't fail quite as catastrophically. Luckily, he had a brand new one in his car. He cleaned most of the blood off of his face, slapped the new fork in, and kept riding. :D

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Yep, he's working on number 4. :D
He said they are building the stanchions 1mm thicker on the final production fork, maybe they wont buckle like beer cans anymore.

the stanchions aren't the problem with the RST forks. the top crown is so thin it just peels apart and the stanchion fall out. take a closer look at the picture (or all circulating pics of broken RST forks) the stanchions are all in perfect shape, it's the top crown that's made of butter...

and i have to say, if he is on his fourth one(all in one year), the dude is an idiot. anyone who keeps putting breaking parts on his bike is a moron who deserves to have his face smashed every once in a while...

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
westcoasthucker is right...the crown actually peels/bends out letting the stanction fall out and break the users face.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
those lines look endless. So fun and so smooth. That guy is insane. 4 forks in 2008. It's only april... at this pace he'll be through 12 by december. That's too many catastrophic failures. I guess he just enjoys having total disregard for his safety. CRAZY.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
is he splitting through the branches?

if so dang.

great spot too. i need to get back out digging.