Quantcast

Jump spots in/around LA

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
fiddy_ryder said:
New rider here, just getting back into the game. New to mtb used to ride BMX. looking for spots in the LA area for jumping.
B
What area of L.A. you at? I'm usually at Kenter 2-3 times a month and also have a cool little local spot out here just east of Pasadena.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
version_8 said:
According to your screename you will get beat down if you bring your damn fiddy out to any mtb/bmx jump spot.
Damn good call, I didn't even notice that.

Show up with your boycycle at any DJ spot and get ready for a beat down. I'm usually super mellow, but I can't stand 50s and their bozo-case every jump, destroy lips, pin-it going 12mph, knee to you ears, mentality. Burn in hell 50 riders.

rant off.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ncrider said:
Damn good call, I didn't even notice that.

Show up with your boycycle at any DJ spot and get ready for a beat down. I'm usually super mellow, but I can't stand 50s and their bozo-case every jump, destroy lips, pin-it going 12mph, knee to you ears, mentality. Burn in hell 50 riders.

rant off.

bwahahahaha... dont worry bout the 50,, they got theyre place, and i know its not tearing apart good trails :thumb: the 50's sold anyway. :blah: ive built many a jump in the past and know how much work goes into getting chit right. I live smack dab in the middle of hollywood, so Kenter isnt far at all, neither is pasadena. Id love to meet some folks to roll with, cuz taking a header out riding alone is no fun :think:

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
If ya ever get lost and find yourself in OC, check out Slater Trails or Sheep hills if it isnt a dust bowl still..:(

Kenter is sweet and not sure if there is anything decently jumpable in Del Cerro but might be worth a look? Class, anyone?

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
iill be out in LA/ OC july 25th till early august...hope to ride with some of yall...

is slater still running? what about hidden valley and the other spots?

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
Slater got huge... not just the size of the jumps... just the whole area, at least last time I checked pre-rainy season we had, yur mileage may vary.

Hidden Valley was being worked on last time I was there(bout 8 months ago) and have no Idea of the current condition...

NoOnEKnOsMe

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Coto De Caza, Ca
slater isnt huge at all anymore... the city came and tore down the "pro packs" around october. there are a couple of things on the other side of the river thing but the only real big thing there is the cliff drop. Youll get bored of it after an hour.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
bfranke said:
What area of L.A. you at? I'm usually at Kenter 2-3 times a month and also have a cool little local spot out here just east of Pasadena.
how often are you at the pasadena spot? i work in glendale right off the 134, wouldnt mind doing an evening session if some folks are gonna hit it up.

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
bfranke said:
Would this just happen to be the spot just east of Pasadena? BMXers are building this spot up but wouldnt mind finding somewhere else around here.

If its not I may have to get some info from ya.

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
Where are these spots you guys are talking about. Im just about 10mins local streets south of pasadena and five minutes from alhambra. I would love to ride a local spot...instead of driving to OC or Westwood. PM me if you want to keep it *hush hush* :thumb: CHEERS!

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
NoOnEKnOsMe said:
slater isnt huge at all anymore... the city came and tore down the "pro packs" around october. there are a couple of things on the other side of the river thing but the only real big thing there is the cliff drop. Youll get bored of it after an hour.

is santiago still going?

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
Pac-Man said:
Would this just happen to be the spot just east of Pasadena? BMXers are building this spot up but wouldnt mind finding somewhere else around here.

If its not I may have to get some info from ya.
Nice pic, I was out there yesterday with Bruno. That spot is okay, could use some work though. We had an awesome session today. Pics to come in a minute.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
Metal said:
Ha,

I did that step up, step down on my road bike. The brakes sucked and I ate ****e about 30 feet later. Someone has video of it.
I'd love to see that!! So you must have gone down right before the double?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
bfranke said:
I'd love to see that!! So you must have gone down right before the double?
After the step down there is a small turn then a double, I was going so fast because my brakes weren't working that I just went straight through the turn and wound up in a bunch of bushes.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
anyone riding this friday? july 8? im gonna be in LA for the weekend and am deciding if i should bring my bike or not

and brian. sweet pics. what trail is that?
-mario

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
We went back up on Monday and Bruno and James both hit the lower section minus the 30 footer. Soooo smooth. We were playing around on the road gap and I was overshooting it by a mile. :D

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Pac-Man said:
We went back up on Monday and Bruno and James both hit the lower section minus the 30 footer. Soooo smooth. We were playing around on the road gap and I was overshooting it by a mile. :D

ok you guys are just plain being asshats now :mumble: :nuts: :eviltongu cough up the location already!! :help: :drool: :D

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
lovebunny said:
how bout you all come up to N* and we'll invade norcal?
Im originally from the bay, and was thinking about doin that. make a trip to see the folks, then up to tahoe. considering the summer weather, should be able to get there in about 2.5 hrs or less (bay to tahoe) :sneaky:

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
AN6 Freerider said:
anyone riding gspot or woolsey this weekend. never been to wilson or pasadena.

where is the riding going down. from the sfv

AN6
yo. im gonna be home this weekend and maybe planning on riding on friday if there are people around that day. if u wanna ride let me know. i know both trails. oh you should probably edit your post b/c people dont like those trail names posted since theyre not legal