Quantcast

Jump Start

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
Hey monkeys
this is make me sound sooo dumb, but im only 17, but how do u liek jump start a car, somehow the battery died on my car, and the windows are open, i had to put my new patagonia fleece over the windows when it rained last night, and liek totally ruined it. its a mercedes liek e class, pretty old, and i ahve the cables, i just dont really know where to hook them up, and on the other car too, anyhelp wouldbe greta. thanks a lot

DAG

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
ok then.. take one side of the red part of the cables and attach it to the red part (+) on your battery terminal( the metal nub that sticks out of the battery). then take the black part and clip it on to the black (-) part of your battery. then take the second black clip and attach it to black part(-) of the good battery, then take the red clip and attach it to the red part (+) of the good battery. Make sure thecar that you are jumping from ( not your car ) is running first. once all the cables are connected wait 5 minutes,,, get in your car . and turn the key.. hopefully it will start the car... if not make sure you get your windows up. once it is running disconnect all the cables and make sure the end clips dont touch

or call someone for help

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
like, you'll need a second car with a strong working battery
like... hook up the cables to the dead battery... like red to red, black to black
then, like, hook up the cables to the good battery with the car running
next, like, try to start the dead car. you may need to, like, have someone in the car that's running to, like, give it a bit of gas to, like, get the RPMs up a bit.

Once the car is running, like, let it run for 20 minutes or so... to, like, get some juice charged back into the battery.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
It's scary when the ends touch when you're taking them off. Found that out a few days ago jumping some old lady's car. Nearly scared the sh1t out of me. :p

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
no, get it... he said harshing my mellow, i know what that means, thne i said MARSHING my mellow, like marshmellow, and marshmellows are definetly not hip, so that, was a joke

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Peteydag said:
no, get it... he said harshing my mellow, i know what that means, thne i said MARSHING my mellow, like marshmellow, and marshmellows are definetly not hip, so that, was a joke

right another joke...........

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
schools just sooo boring, i have nothing else to do, is anyone still in school??? i feel liek im the only one i know still in school...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
1. Turn off the ignition and all accessories on both cars; set parking brakes; put transmissions in park (automatic) or neutral (manual).

2. Connect the cables in this order:

• Connect one cable to the positive terminal of the weak battery.
• Connect that cable's other end to the positive terminal of the good battery.
• Connect another cable to the negative terminal of the good battery.
• Connect the other end of that cable to a ground on the car that won't start. Check the owner's manual to see if there's a special ground terminal under the hood. Otherwise, the engine block is a good ground. Do not attach the cable to the negative terminal of the faulty battery.

3. Start the engine of the car with the good battery and let it idle.

4. Start the car with the bad battery.

5. After you get the jumped car going, disconnect the negative cable from its ground connection, then from the terminal on the good battery. Next, disconnect the positive cable from both batteries. If the charging system warning lamp stays lit and the engine dies, another jump-start won't help. If the light goes out, there's a good chance the battery will recharge as you drive.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - for the LOVE OF GOD quit spelling "like" wrong. :rolleyes:

Better yet - quit using "like" altogether.

-S.S.-
It is teh intraweb, people spell **** wrong, get used to it. The constant haranguing of the RM's english majors is really fricking annoying. If it is that important to you take it to a PM or just put the person on your ignore list.