Quantcast

Jumping a *Trek Bruiser*

THEBIKEMAN

Chimp
Nov 20, 2013
I just got a trek bruiser on monday of this week

and build a 4ft gap jump in our garden(lots of loose dirt to work with)

I posted a thread in the downhill section about this bike.

I don't now why but not a whole lot of people

liked this bike cause the geo on it or something.

so what tips do you give a starting out biker?

THEBIKEMAN

Chimp
Nov 20, 2013
Oh..
also My bike has some Marzocchi bomber forks on it

what do think about them.

the guy I bought the bike from said there the best of the bestest

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I just got a trek bruiser on monday of this week

and build a 4ft gap jump in our garden(lots of loose dirt to work with)

I posted a thread in the downhill section about this bike.

I don't now why but not a whole lot of people

liked this bike cause the geo on it or something.

so what tips do you give a starting out biker?
For starting out, you probably won't notice that much geometry wise that will come with experience.

Before taking to jumps, learn the little things what foot you feel more comfortable leading with, learn to manual, then learn to bunny hop while incorporating manualing in with it. Also weight distribution is important too far forward and you go too nose heavy, which is a bad thing. Go in with too much over the back and you'll land too tail heavy which is bad as well. Find a good balance between the two. Then and only then start building yourself up with the jumping.

Also get a skate type of shoe, they will hookup with the pedals better than a normal athletic shoe will.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
I'm of the philosophy that you should ride what you have till it breaks, then upgrade it, but........ doesn't that seem like an awful lot of fork for a hardtail that you plan to ride backyard jumps with? My mtb knowledge is out of date, whats the travel on that, and have you considered selling the fork and getting something else.

although, to back up, do you intend to ride trails (bmx interpretation of trails)?

check out the 'what is trails' thread in this forum and poke around for threads that sound like they address digging styles/methods. there is enough info and inspiration in this bmx & dirt jumping forum to last you several years of progressive trails building and riding.