Quantcast

Jumping in the Jungle (pics)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I am in the process of building some jumps at a local spot. Here are Squasher and I jumping them. The first is of Squasher hitting the step-down, double...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sorry for the fuzzy camera work. I have a Sony Cybershot and its hard to get clear pics with the subject in the screen all the time, so I have tried a bunch of things. Now I can get the subject everytime, but its always out of focus.

Squasher again on the step-down from behind...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by HRDTLBRO
Your SX is golden.:D
I think that is the best laid out and sweetest riding bike I have ever ridden. I just get on and hold on for the ride. Its like its on auto-pilot.

I am amped to try a Yeti 4x though. Anyone got one laying around I can borrow? Terry...?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by MMcG
you need some T-Pirate advice on photo taking though. :p :D
Or his uber expensive digital camera. ;) I actually used some of his advice to get the subject in frame everytime.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by profro
Or his uber expensive digital camera. ;) I actually used some of his advice to get the subject in frame everytime.
I forgot about the equipment - good point!

I'd love to see some portrait shots of your Enduro SX some time.

If you have some can you shoot them my way via email?

Thanks!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by profro
raise the iso and open the aperture to get a faster shutter speed. that, or learning how to pan (move with the subject) is what you need.

nice jumps tho.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
you need a tripod and a more powerful flash, or just a more powerful flash probably along with a camera that doesn't have the stupid digital "push the button wait 30 seconds" delay.

The trail looks fun though. I wish our trails were that green, all we've got is black and brown with some really prickly weeds coming up.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by Kornphlake
I wish our trails were that green, all we've got is black and brown with some really prickly weeds coming up.
Yes, but with all that vegetation come skeeters, lots of them. Thats why I was wearing jeans. Naked legs are way too inviting for all those blood suckers. :)

The camera does have that stupid 30 second delay, but I am holding the buttom down half way to get the camera to set, then when the rider enters the frame I push it down the rest of the way. Takes everytime. I messed around with different ISOs and prefocusing the camera, but this is what they all turned out. Maybe I sould "borrow" my dad's more expensive digital camera. ;)