Quantcast

Jumping on the Blindside Bandwagon

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Here's my work in progress, it's really just waiting for Minions and a Vivid :homer:

One quick question for those who know: apparently, the 2008 XT brakes use the BH-59, 0 degree hoses. I'm going to be running Saint calipers, and appears that i need the BH-61 hose kit. Is this all I need? Or is the banjo/o-ring sold separately as well? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Different hose than originally stated...BH63?

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I think you'll need the BH-63 hose - fixed banjo and adjustable/cuttable end for the Saint calipers.

toby

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
nice, im about to jump on the bandwagon. goin to the us in feb to ort out the blindside, but called kevin yesterday and he said there out till march, arg.

dont wanna give the build away, but im gonna say 36-37lb with all normal parts.

yours is lookin mitey nice :)

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Yeah. Toby's right, they're just 6-bolt XT rotors. The hubs I think are Formula's, they're part of the Trasition Revolution 32 wheelset.
Do you need an adapter with that XT rotor..........or does it bolt directly to the hub.......?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
It was shipped to me with a ROCO TST R, which was the only shock available with it. Getting a DHX would have meant waiting until March-ish.

I'll be selling the ROCO :spam: , and am taking a chance with the Vivid.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
That's what I was told. My first choice was the raw frame with red wheels like they have on the site, but they were out of everything except for black and black. They had 5 black, medium frames when I called 1.5 weeks ago. I'm sure I could have gotten it without a shock, but I ordered it from their prodeal site and there wasn't an option to go shockless.

I'm itching to ride it...makes baby jesus cry just sitting on my stand. :disgust:

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
That's what I was told. My first choice was the raw frame with red wheels like they have on the site, but they were out of everything except for black and black. They had 5 black, medium frames when I called 1.5 weeks ago. I'm sure I could have gotten it without a shock, but I ordered it from their prodeal site and there wasn't an option to go shockless.

I'm itching to ride it...makes baby jesus cry just sitting on my stand. :disgust:
yea talked to kevin last nite about this. he said theyre out of every size blindside until march. and im goin in two weks to pick up my frames/bikes, haha.

i think he found one large stray lying around for me though, hehe.
its wierd, the large was the size of my medium sunday. seems they make there bikes an inch smaller each size than other companies.

but yes, blindsides out until march

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
It's alive!! Finally the parts came in. No clue on the weight, either.

I haven't ridden it yet, but the ride around the street gets my roadie stamp of approval.