Quantcast

Jumping with Music?

Battlecat

Chimp
Nov 6, 2006
North Vancouver
How many of you guys dirt jump listening to music?

I have started doing it now and I love it. Lets me chill at the top of the jumps and just get stoked on riding them.

When you guys are jumping do you ever change the song on your ipod as you are jumping? I have done it a few times now. I find it pretty funny how you elbow or whatever can hit the button, haha.

Geoff

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I bring the iPod Boombox. A lot of the guys I ride with will listen to their iPods (ear pieces) while riding. I've done it, but don't really like it. I feel so isolated. I like to hear my tires and what's going on around me. But, I'm sure I could get used to it.

To me, the boombox is perfect because you can hear the music, hear yourself while riding, and can still talk to people.

Oh, and my favorite music to ride to is hip-hop... to me, riding has a lot in common with hip-hop... rhythm, confidence, and style.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nope, there should be a rule of no headphones at the trails. Chris Duncan was at our trails years ago riding w/ headphones and one of the locals almost ran Duncan over when he was shouting for him to move off the run he was riding.

I like what Cru Jones said tho, a box w/ some tunes is good. And just tune it to local classic rock station - that music works great for riding trails.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i usually just wear one earphone at the jumps.. every now and then both. but i make sure to check my 6 before heading down teh trail.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Nope, there should be a rule of no headphones at the trails. Chris Duncan was at our trails years ago riding w/ headphones and one of the locals almost ran Duncan over when he was shouting for him to move off the run he was riding.

I like what Cru Jones said tho, a box w/ some tunes is good. And just tune it to local classic rock station - that music works great for riding trails.
exactly. boom box always does the job

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Music is always good while jumping, anc I'd agree with the boombox. Flowy hip hop is my fave for riding to, makes me think I'm in the bike movies :biggrin: . I can't ride with headphones, I feel disconected or something.

i've been using the Azonic Sound Surround helmet for about a month now (only available in a half-shell). it's the best of both worlds, pumping tunes with speakers situated above your temples, but the ability to hear others and your bike. it's like hanging out in a room with your friends and there is a stereo playing over in the corner.....

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
i've been using the Azonic Sound Surround helmet for about a month now (only available in a half-shell). it's the best of both worlds, pumping tunes with speakers situated above your temples, but the ability to hear others and your bike. it's like hanging out in a room with your friends and there is a stereo playing over in the corner.....
Bring that thing out the next time we ride. I'd like to see it. Sounds rad. Does it look goofy?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Oh, nice, for some reason I was picturing the speakers being external somewhere. Hmmm, I need a new helmet. I'm still rockin the 92 skate dome... I think it has the same crappy, exposed foam as Real Ride's foam pit...