Quantcast

jumps in norfolk area?

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
anyone know of any DJ's in the norfolk area that you wanna tell me about? i jsut moved down here a couple weeks ago and really feel like getting out and riding some trails. so yeah if anyone is from around here and feel slike sharing where they are it would be extremely appreciated. otherwise if your in the area and just wanna ride some street i'm at ODU and am alway down for a ride. word, Colin

ohyeah pm me directions if ya dont mind...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Check out Ipswitch in Chesapeak.

punch it into mapquest

Could use some work, but there's jumps there. Not many secret spots here, but we're working on it.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
cool i think i figured out howo to get there. i'll probably be headin out friday midday if its lookin dry. if someone wants to come out and show me around it'd be extremely appreciated, just so i dont get totaly lost

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey are you on campus?? i go to odu myself and am always looknig for people to ride with. also i know where ipswitch is.

laters

dan

p.s. o could show you the area tomorrow if you are interested

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
sammi davis!! you have broke to cardnal rule about DJ's. NEVER POST THE DIRECTIONS!!!. edit your post and pm them to zerossix.

btw those direction are good.

sammi davis do you live in the hampon roads area? just wondering. i'm not going to repremand you or anything, just looking for more people to ride with.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
awesome i got semi decent mapquest directions but i'll write those down too.

dan, i sent you a pm, gimme a call bout hittin up ipswitch tomorrow, ic an drive and what not if you wanna go. i'm livin in whitehurst, all cramped up in one those trippled rooms, i dunno if you heard about em but they suck haha. i got my bike wedged in here in between my desk and wall its pretty tight haha. but yeah gimme a ring later on today or i'll call ya after my class.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
haha thanks corey. you know your missin the bike work already.

its so conveint though i like have had no desire to go dirt jumping the last 4 motnhs or whatever i was in arlington where i know where some nice jumps are and everything but then as soon as i get down here i get this huge urge to go jumping....

sammi_davis

Chimp
Aug 18, 2006
I can edit the directions if yall want me too ,but Ipswich is a sanctioned city park . It is legit and theres no issues with the graveyard .

I live 1 mile from it , the perfect distance to get warmed up on the way in . No worries on the reprimand I am a newbie here .

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
btw its not fully sactioned yet. also its just bad carma to post directions to any place like that i have found out.

corey i have been college for what seems like forever (6th year now) any i'm finally finishing it up for the first time this year!!. but you right zerossix in a college newb. lets see how he fairs.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Am I hearing enough voices finally (that are not in my head) that might be willing to advocate a dig out there sometime after it cools off? Its been dug up this summer for the 20" and under set, the landings are crap, and the lips sort of suck donkey love too.

I'd be down to dig out there. We might be buying a place out that way come March-ish, so it would be nice to have some nice jumps to ride out there as opposed to the tore up, broke ass stuff they put in this summer.

Damn 20" kids... Think Noname made them do it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Weekend is my best guess. Not this one, not the one after, maybe after we dig up Ridetoofast's house...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i plan on at least one, if not two, dump trucks of fill dirt so there will be lots to work with. a neighbor, whom i don't know that well yet, has a small tractor with a bucket on it, so MIGHT, be able to con/borrow/rent that too...i dunno.

im having about 6 trees cut down this weekend so there will also be some stumps leftover that i plan to link together into skinnies.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
ridetoofast, your adam yeah? we met at rays remember? drop me a pm and i'll give yo my phone number and stuff. i tried to send you one earlier but yoru box was full. i'm down for diggin and doin whatever i've just got this desire to ride dirt again...

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
um, im sure corey has the picture, but unfortunately i do not remember meeting you do to my rather forceful and violent introduction to ray's concrete floor. my pm's are open i wonder why your message got kicked back???

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
haha yeah i remember that. i was actually a few second behind you on the loop and had a bunch of people not jumped up on top of the ramp as i was rollin up to it i may have landed on ya. anyways, i was the long haired kid on the stp that tought corey a lesson on how to throw down on the big redbull jump haha

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Yea, are you going to have a helmets mandatory rule at your place?

Or maybe a full face mandatory rule for those elite members of the ER Sidecar Team?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
ODU/Norfolk State/Regents University
Just to name a few.

And you can surf here. if you can find a non-ghetto neighborhood, its not a bad place to live.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
When they ask for your tuition, is the letter started with "Bitch betta have ma money!"

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
yeah helmets will be required. i've given serious consideration to a waiver too, but i've heard so many times that anybody determined enough can sue you anyways. however, i'd suppose that would be at least one bullet in my favor showing due dilligence???

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Zero six PM me whenever you plan on heading out there or if you want to do some street around morfvck or va beach. Dan and I usually ride by ourselfs for lack of others to embarrass.