Quantcast

Junior T on a ....

Slowpoke

Chimp
Mar 8, 2004
Junior T on a kona scrap i can get a really good deal from local shop but dont know if it would work to well
No other for this good for this price

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Slowpoke

No other for this good for this price

:confused:

What type of riding are you using it for? If you decide to go for it, call Kona and make sure it wont void the warrenty. I'm almost positive it wont, my friend had a Kona HT and they said no problem with a dual crown, but make sure first!

and what kind of riding?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Ok...and are you asking if oit would work. The frame is warrantied with a DC. It would ride funny but would be fun on dh. (as fun as a jrT can be on fast dh)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Is this a 7 inch jr. t? Cause I've ridden the Kona HT frames with a few different forks and over 5 inches they just ride horribly. The geometry is all wrong for everything. I ran a 5 inch Mr. T for about 8 months, worked great and I loved it. No problem with the dual crown. I would seriously reconsider putting a 7 inch fork on that bike though.

The Ito

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah,

The newer Scrap frames are pretty much set up as jump bikes, so theyre meant to be pretty steep, so if you put that fork on, the bike is going to be a little awkward, but Im sure the frame can handle it as far as not breaking. Why 7 inches on an HT though?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Yeah,

The newer Scrap frames are pretty much set up as jump bikes, so theyre meant to be pretty steep, so if you put that fork on, the bike is going to be a little awkward, but Im sure the frame can handle it as far as not breaking. Why 7 inches on an HT though?
If the bike is set up steep for their expected fork...wouldn't a longer fork "correct" the HT angle and bring it inline with a more "std" HT angle?

So a 7' fork though long may bring the bike inline or jsut a little slack over the 4-5 inch fork it is designed around.

Just rambling...but am I way off base? If it is to steep a longer fork will slacken it out...though the BB may become higher than desired after a point.

Slowpoke

Chimp
Mar 8, 2004
I am mostly riding DJ and north shore type stuff as for my i am putting this fork on? i can get a almost new JR.T like 400 dollars off the regular price. no other fork compares to this thing that is within the price

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
its a good fork for the $$..thats about it..just need to decide if u want a single or double..I would go z1

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
It's very easy to shorten the travel on Jr-T's,just make some 40mm spacers to go on the damper rods in addition to the top out springs and remove the shorter of the two main springs,then make some long preload spacers out of 1/2" pvc to take up the space of the springs you removed.130mm travel dual crown forks rock!