Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Wow, Just wow. That movie was awesome.

Go see it

Wiki
IMDB
Fandango

This movie, as funny as it is, scared me into having a talk about pregnancy with my GF. I am very pro abortion (at this point in my life), She is not... she would keep it.

She wouldn't even consider adoption or an abortion, that scares me.

Thoughts?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Awesome movie. So funny.

As for the talk with the girlfriend, we have talked about it a lot. We both agree we would like to have a kid together at some point, just not for a couple more years. Plus my brother just let us know on Christmas he will be having a 2nd kid. I am good looking after his for now.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
"That little blue plus sign is so unholy"
"that ain't no etch a sketch home skillet, that's one little doodle that can't be undid"

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i wonder if this is going to be another michael cera film, where all of my friends say that i am the real life version of his character...

it was scary how many similarities i could draw between my life and superbad, and i'm talking about major events in the plot, not just how they are awkward and all that.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
i wonder if this is going to be another michael cera film, where all of my friends say that i am the real life version of his character...

it was scary how many similarities i could draw between my life and superbad, and i'm talking about major events in the plot, not just how they are awkward and all that.
dude, that movie was made to be like that. :rofl:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
This movie, as funny as it is, scared me into having a talk about pregnancy with my GF. I am very pro abortion (at this point in my life), She is not... she would keep it.

She wouldn't even consider adoption or an abortion, that scares me.

Thoughts?
Next time have that talk before you **** the girl.

I know your psuedo-libertarian ass would probably kill the girl instead of shelling out for 18 years of child support...so I think it's an important talk for you to have.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Next time have that talk before you **** the girl.

I know your psuedo-libertarian ass would probably kill the girl instead of shelling out for 18 years of child support...so I think it's an important talk for you to have.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I went and saw it tonight wasted on a whim with friends. I was pleasantly surprised, I liked it. Little much on the current-gen slang front, but the writing aside was pretty good. Approved, and will subsequently get my girlfriend's pants off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As far as teen movies go.......light years behind Dazed and Confused.

I chuckled a little, but after listening to that girl talk for an hour and a half I was hoping she would die giving birth.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I enjoyed it, but it was rather formulaic for "the independent film about quirky characters." Michael Cera's stuck in playing the same character every show/film, and in this movie, he was Michael Cera furniture.

The writer and producer had a good interview on NPR...she's a former stripper, among other things...apparenly used to have a controversial blog about the sex industry.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I enjoyed it, but it was rather formulaic for "the independent film about quirky characters." Michael Cera's stuck in playing the same character every show/film, and in this movie, he was Michael Cera furniture.
He seemed to be cast as someone slightly more on top of things in this one, but his screentime was so limited there was almost no glimpse into who his character was.

schpoiler:
The relationship between Juno and the adoption dude was entertaining, given her previous movie.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Some Christian blog-hack picked up on that story and thought it was real--made a huge controversey and was very angry when someone pointed out that it was an extremely un-subtle satire.