Quantcast

Just a pic from the North East.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
This place looks badass, I've heard there's really some good riding up there. Should I take the Cat up there sometime and see what it's all about?

Yes you should. We have a growing DH race series, and some good places to ride if you can hook up with some locals. Schedule a trip around some Wentworth events and you'll definetly enjoy yourself.
You'll be driving quite a ways off the Cat in Yarmouth..........about 2 and a half hour to the Valley where we have some good DH (3 races this year) and freeride trails. Then another 2 hours to Wentworth. Nowlan has some trails he's working on inthe Halifax area. Then there's Wentworth.........about 4 hours from Yarmouth.......which is a ski hill which has shuttle days and a couple races this year. Keppoch is located just outside Antigonish about 5 hours from Yarmouth, and has 2 races this year.
Check ECMTB for regional info, and i think the race calender is on Bicycle Nova Scotia's website.

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
This place looks badass, I've heard there's really some good riding up there. Should I take the Cat up there sometime and see what it's all about?
Dude, this sounds like fun. Let's pick a wknd and make this happen. We could gamble the whole time on the boat too. :)

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
All our trails are pretty Spaced out. But the ones we have are good. Mostly hike a bike, except for Wentworth. WW is gonna be harder and harder to ride on non race days this season due to Canada Games Construction.
Basically their are several trail crews that work in different areas and we share eachothers progress. Its a goog go. The trail in that picture is a work in progress, im working on it for a video thats going to be comming out at the end of the season and some photography stuff.

Your from Maine eh? I guess y ou ride Sunday River then. I was their for the first time this winter and ran into the guy who runs the trails and am possibly gonna make a trip their. The Cat would be more expensive for you to travel unless your driving some V8 truck in low gear the whole way. Took me 11 hours in the winter to travel down your way.