Quantcast

Just a reason I love to ride my bike

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So yesterday pretty much sucked most of the day. At work I just kept coming across problem after problem, nothing serious, but just one of those kind of days. Then I get an email and subsequent phone call from yet ANOTHER person that is booked to go to NC (to the RMFest) saying that he might not be able to go and will tell me Friday. I have no idea what I’ll do if he bails. Then one of the Board members from our MTB club called and we had a conversation about some pending litigation (someone crashed and paralyzed themselves before we were even a club yada yada) well where he crashed there is still an obstacle and he is concerned that if we don’t do anything, at some point in the future we as directors might bear some personal responsibility (bla bla..we will make some changes to it).

So in general by 5pm I was in a PISSY PISSY mood. I get out to the trail head bs’d with a few people and went in for a lap by myself. After the pretty fast road ride (for me) the day before I wasn’t even thinking about trying to go fast. I was just pedaling, wasn’t really thinking about anything, just pedaling, came out to where I look down at my timer and I had beaten my best time by over 30 seconds avg 11.9mph (only a 5.5 mile trail). mph.

I felt better.

This is why I ride

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I'm a big fan of post ride carb loading.

But I also like the fact that riding keeps me busy enough to not think of other problems.