Quantcast

just a reminder about w.rock this weekend

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the a.t.v, club is in the middle of their spring jamboree this week thru sunday.
we won't be riding until sunday, as the traffic up there will be crazy.
also there will be no available parking to be had anywhere.
our upper lot has been turned into a massive dealer and vendor area.
the playground (the flat area to the left just as we are reaching the top of the shuttleroad) and mudbog will be the hub of activity. and it would be foolish to think we could get any kind of decent run in around the bulkhead or run up to the first jump.

ALL D.H. TRAILS WILL BE CLOSED UNTILL SUNDAY MORNING.

by then all the scheduled activities will be over. and most of them will be packing up and going home.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
When I get there on Sunday, I am gonna have a big sign that says:
FREE CASES OF PBR given to the first 10,000 people at the Oak Ridge Wal-Mart. Today only.

That should clear em out.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i just re-checked their schedule.
the only event listed fore sunday is a sled pull, which will take place at the playground.(the flat area between our two road crossings.)
it's set for 10a.m.
so that section of road will be crowded

we're definately going to have to have a little shuttle patience, there and all up and down the road.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
Should we meet/park up top where we drop in?
if the parking lot is crowded, that might be a good idea.
but you've been there before. it may well be just fine.

it'll probably still be better than a normal saturday.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
if the parking lot is crowded, that might be a good idea.
but you've been there before. it may well be just fine.

it'll probably still be better than a normal saturday.
Joey, are you gonna ride on sunday?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
so that section of road will be crowded

we're definately going to have to have a little shuttle patience, there and all up and down the road.
*bump**bump**bump**clang*
Joey: What was that?
Ben: Nuthin'....
Terry: Yeah...sumthin camoflauge with a cigarette and no helmet...keep drivin'....

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
With all this rain Sunday might be worth a discussion. What does everyone think about postponing till next weekend?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
spoke80 said:
With all this rain Sunday might be worth a discussion. What does everyone think about postponing till next weekend?
Postponing what? Riding? If its open, I'll be there!

However, BMX ain't looking so good. In that case, I'm heading to BSF to run shuttles with my cousin on Saturday!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Postponing what? Riding? If its open, I'll be there!

However, BMX ain't looking so good. In that case, I'm heading to BSF to run shuttles with my cousin on Saturday!
I believe some folks were planning on coming over to ride, thus postponementationilizationing may be required at this time.

The forcast for Saturday is sweet! If Sunday is a wash I'm gonna hit some area skateparks like JC and Kingsport, or just start drinking.

You know James is STOKED right now.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
hopefully this rain will clearout by saturday morning.
making sunday one of those great w.r. sessions where it's greasy in the morning, velcro by two-three runs into it, then smokin fast and tacky for the rest of the day.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dhbuilder said:
hopefully this rain will clearout by saturday morning.
making sunday one of those great w.r. sessions where it's greasy in the morning, velcro by two-three runs into it, then smokin fast and tacky for the rest of the day.
That's what I am bankin' on.
My grandmother passed away yesterday and her funeral is Saturday.
So, I am gonna need a good 12 runs at Windrock on Sunday of pure aggressive therapy.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
and to break in that new fork.
i see one of those in my future. and the two i've "felt" so far this season have really seemed nice.
i definately don't want an air fork. and the price on it is a huge savings over all the "hip forks".

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
That's what I am bankin' on.
My grandmother passed away yesterday and her funeral is Saturday.
So, I am gonna need a good 12 runs at Windrock on Sunday of pure aggressive therapy.
I'm gonna be hanging down from the overpass on I-26 exit 9. To hell with parking and loading my stuff in your ride...I'm just basejumping in as you roll by at 80+.

To Ben, roughly translated, the above statement means me and Jeremy are crashing the party without fail on Sunday...if I gotta bring a rudder!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
I'm gonna be hanging down from the overpass on I-26 exit 9. To hell with parking and loading my stuff in your ride...I'm just basejumping in as you roll by at 80+.

To Ben, roughly translated, the above statement means me and Jeremy and crashing the party without fail on Sunday...if I gotta bring a rudder!
10-4:thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:

To Ben, roughly translated, the above statement means me and Jeremy are crashing the party without fail on Sunday...if I gotta bring a rudder!
swear to god, this is a true story.

back in my skydiving days, we were sitting down at the drop zone one friday evening waiting on enough guys to show up to take the big plane up.
a pilot and four of us were sitting there and decided to each throw ten bucks in the bed of a pick up truck. the pilot would take us up in one of the cessnas and we'd jump out and try to land in the back of the truck.
with square chutes and light winds you could easily land on a dime.
but a pick up truck bed was a little more unforgiving.
i was the last one out and had the advantage of sitting overhead and watching their mistakes first.
the first two over shot and the third just barely touched the roof as he skimmed over.
i set up and aimed for the rear bumper. set one foot on the tailgate and the other smack in the middle of the bed.

drinks were on me that night.

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
swear to god, this is a true story.

back in my skydiving days, we were sitting down at the drop zone one friday evening waiting on enough guys to show up to take the big plane up.
a pilot and four of us were sitting there and decided to each throw ten bucks in the bed of a pick up truck. the pilot would take us up in one of the cessnas and we'd jump out and try to land in the back of the truck.
with square chutes and light winds you could easily land on a dime.
but a pick up truck bed was a little more unforgiving.
i was the last one out and had the advantage of sitting overhead and watching their mistakes first.
the first two over shot and the third just barely touched the roof as he skimmed over.
i set up and aimed for the rear bumper. set one foot on the tailgate and the other smack in the middle of the bed.

drinks were on me that night.
Not even Johnny Utah could top that one!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
seabass said:
Not even Johnny Utah could top that one!

HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!