Quantcast

Just a ride report....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We all agreed to meet at 1:00P for a short fun ride. It went off with out a hitch at like 1:45p. Hey no problem. It was sunny and about 40deg when we left with a brisk breeze.

That breeze quickly turned to gale force winds that could influence going straight (cold front as we would later find out). I couldn't make **** but everyone else seemingly could (Wet wood,worn tires). It was starting to get demoralizing until we turned up. I started to do better and warmed up. A low branch I made and nobody else did got me going.

About 7 miles in I realized we were not going easy, and the ride wasn't going to be short. That and after the cold front came through. The temps dropped down into the 20's and it started snowing. Folks started dropping left and right but I got my groove and started making **** weirdly. By mile 10 that confidence diminshed though.

Then it really started to snow and the pace died to like a slog. I dropped way back at this point and needed to eat. But everyone just wanted the ride to the end and kept pushing, hard, to hard IMO. I was dragging ass as we were getting to the end, but I held on. I barely finished the ride.

I realized I need to pick up the pace if I want to be ready for spring.

All in all it was fun. I realized that with all the work I have been doing lately I am now off the back. I need to change that somehow. Two things became readily apparent. My new diet isn't working. And nothing compensates for being on the bike. Thanks for joining me....

jdcamb

J

JRB

jdcamb said:
<snip>I realized that with all the work I have been doing lately I am now off the back. I need to change that somehow. Two things became readily apparent. My new diet isn't working. And nothing compensates for being on the bike. Thanks for joining me....

jdcamb
You can say that again. Hurry up and get down here. It sounds like I could kick your ass on the bike now. :D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
We rode for Manhattanprjkts B-Day yesterday, and were hit with the same coldfront that you had... IT WAS DOWNRIGHT BLUSTERY at the end of the ride... but a great day none the less!!!

here is my Photobucket of the ride... just a few pics, I didn't resize or anything yet just uploaded raw files... Brown jersey riding silver soviergn is Manhattan... I was behind the lens the whole time...
http://photobucket.com/albums/f61/brungeman/New Folder (2)/?action=view&current=DSC_0150.jpg

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
SCREW THE COLD! Glad you got to head out for a fun ride. We had a great ride yesterday, although full of social drama, and Friday was a 3.5 hour sprint of a marathon ride. Tired legs are happy legs!

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
crazy sounding ride.
i got out to ride to day to, screw the cold. went up by tinker cliffs, amazing trail, it has sections that feel just like diffrent trails. one part feels like bad wolf, one like the elavator shaft, one like Hi-de hoe. almost all the trails in the vally are represented. killer trail. we were out there for 4 hours in mid 30's (no snow, thankfuly) 3 hours of climbing/hiking for almost an hour of uninterupted DH bliss...