Quantcast

Just another day at work.....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So I was working in the bike shop today. About mid afternoon, Bobby Labonte walks in(Nascar driver). He says he wants a bike to ride. So, after about an hour of talking, he and a coworker of mine close the deal on two bikes:
a fully loaded Orbea Orca, AND an S-works Tarmac, custom built as a "climbing bike". The Tarmac should be under 15 pounds. Two bikes I can only dream of riding.

So this got me thinking. Has anybody else delt with people like this in their shops? It's pretty eye-opening when it happens. I'm bored.

J

JRB

You mean dumb ass rednecks that are just going to turn left into people???

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
loco said:
YES!!! Unfortunately, I am next to the "capital" of Nascar, Petty Interprises. There are like 5 or 6 drivers within 10 minutes of my house. It sucks.

rzakt

Chimp
Jun 23, 2005
Co
I don't know if any of you know of Cami Stock. She is a professinal triathlete. She frequents the store and leads a bi weekly tri clinic. Tom Danielson of Discovery has been in a few times. Allison Dunlap comes by every now and then. Thats just a few. Most of them roadies that I don't even know who they are till someone tells me.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I, at times, helpout my local LBS and do sales in the store.Yetserday a guy and his g/f walk in and winds up buying a $1600 Bianchi road bike for his g/f that doesnt ride? She takes it out for a spin, loves it. Sold. The whole deal took 10 minutes tops. He tells me he needs a floor pump .. he spent over a half hour looking at this one $35 pump from zefal, asking 20 questions about it, testing it out etc. and then still couldnt decide which pump to buy and said he had to think about it. I would have thought the bike would have been the longer of the two

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i see morgan freeman and isaac hayes a lot. they never come in my deli though, they always eat at the fancy place across the street.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
loco said:
Yeah, race car drivers are so stupid.
They make millions of dollars for driving around in a car and doing something they love.
Man, what a waste.
They could be spending all day on messageboards instead.