Quantcast

Just ate shyte on a fixie.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Should have hit the door. If you're going to hurt, get paid for it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I dunno, but when I was composing myself to go home, we put new ATF into the truck, and confirmed that my tranny is pooched (trademarked term!)
This is why I was on a borrowed hipster mobile in the first place.
I have no reverse gear in the truck.
Should have stayed home this morning.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not that much more . . . just got master and slave cylinders replaced [under warranty, PTL] on my g37s - so not even the clutch, really, and rep said it would have been around 3K just for that . . .

But the real question remains unanswered, and even unasked. How did teh shyte taste?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not that much more . . . just got master and slave cylinders replaced [under warranty, PTL] on my g37s - so not even the clutch, really, and rep said it would have been around 3K just for that . . .

But the real question remains unanswered, and even unasked. How did teh shyte taste?
Shenanigans. Clutch replacement on a Ford pickup truck? Anything over $1500 and I'd wager the shop is raping you.

Your Infinity example is invalid.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Shenanigans. Clutch replacement on a Ford pickup truck? Anything over $1500 and I'd wager the shop is raping you.
you are forgetting rideit is a skilled tradesman with a awesome set of tools....the only thing it should be costing him is time and beer for him and his friends who help.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Tranny shouldn't be more than $2k. I grenaded the one in my F250 and I think a complete overhaul was $1600. That was through a performance shop with some upgrades. Never should have sold that truck....

When I dropped off the truck, the guy called me the next day and said he was shocked that I actually was able to drive it in there.

Last edited: