Quantcast

Just bought a new bike!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Piques my interest: How much $$ if I may ask?
Dug a 430ft trench with a bobcat and back filled it with gravel and a 4' perforated pipe. Cleared a plugged waterway. Cut down a few smaller willow trees. Tamped said gravel. Relieved his creek of several trapped silverhead Salmon....

about $1200 w/pedals/floor pump/new camelback and some shimano xt brake pads

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Don't forget to wear the appropriate safety gear.

Since the Kona is a Canadian Bike I was going to go with a Mountie theme as I look smoking hot in the Mountie uniform. But I also have a bunch of Lumber Jack outfits that regularly go unused. It seems a shame to invest so much time and effort and then never actually utilize all my accessories. Having an excuse to ravage the neighborhood with a axe certainly holds substantial allure for me and my neighbors....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dug a 430ft trench with a bobcat and back filled it with gravel and a 4' perforated pipe. Cleared a plugged waterway. Cut down a few smaller willow trees. Tamped said gravel. Relieved his creek of several trapped silverhead Salmon....

about $1200 w/pedals/floor pump/new camelback and some shimano xt brake pads
Used? $1,699 is the list price on the Kona page.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I know Kona has pretty firm pricing limits for dealers.
Don't kid yourself. Kona is like any other bike co.. Its all about boxes out the warehouse door. I have 10 emails from folks who said they could have got me a better bike for the money. I am more upset with how crappy Time Pedals have become. I hate them...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My local Kona dealer has stated they aren't allowed to get flexy on the prices until the next season comes out, and them there is a limit on the discount they can give on the "old" stuff, if they want to remain an "authorized" dealer. I'm also certain there is some real-world wiggle room.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
My local Kona dealer has stated they aren't allowed to get flexy on the prices until the next season comes out, and them there is a limit on the discount they can give on the "old" stuff, if they want to remain an "authorized" dealer. I'm also certain there is some real-world wiggle room.
The "season" is over. 15s are already rolling out.