Quantcast

just bought my tickets...

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Very nice...you're going to have a great time at N*. Unfortunately I will miss your visit since I'm still recovering from a broken collarbone.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
narlus said:
i will be there opening weekend (although i just found out that that sunday has a race. :mumble: )
It does blow that there is a race the weekend you come in. You'll be fine on Saturday, all the trails will be open. Unfortunately, on Sunday you'll be limited on what trails you can ride. Oh well, at least Saturday will be fun.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
i will be there opening weekend (although i just found out that that sunday has a race. :mumble: )
Can you get out early and beat the closure? A number of years back I was up at Steamboat on a race weekend and was able to ride the mountain *really* early on race day.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'll be staying up there at our place from the 23rd-26th. We will ride on the 25th & 26th!!!! Its not that bad riding there when there is a race. I usally get there when they first open and ride the course most of the morning then just ride elsewhere for the rest of the day. It's doable not graet but doable, Joe Pozer has the adavntage to be a fair weather rider, I have to take advantage of ANY N* time and make the best of it.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
It's doable not graet but doable, Joe Pozer has the adavntage to be a fair weather rider, I have to take advantage of ANY N* time and make the best of it.
True, riding on a race weekend is better than not riding at all if you don't have much free time. Sucks that the race fell on the weekend Narlus is coming but it will still be a good time.

Of course, Narlus could always do N* on Saturday and Downieville on Sunday. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Joe Pozer said:
True, riding on a race weekend is better than not riding at all if you don't have much free time. Sucks that the race fell on the weekend Narlus is coming but it will still be a good time.

Of course, Narlus could always do N* on Saturday and Downieville on Sunday. :D
i will *only* have my DH bike though...i've been on d-ville and that 5 mile climb on chimney rock would not be fun on a DH bike!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
narlus said:
i will *only* have my DH bike though...i've been on d-ville and that 5 mile climb on chimney rock would not be fun on a DH bike!
You don't have to hit Chimney rock when you ride at Downieville. You can just go down Butcher Ranch which is part of the DH race. Althought a long travel bike is better suited for Downie, going down Butcher ranch on a Dh bike is a blast.

All that said, N* is going to be a great time no matter what...There will still be other trails open during the race...and I wish I could make it up there myself.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats a little bit of a drive, it will take you about 40-50min to get there from South Shore.
well, it's free. you gotta remember, i'm used to drive 3-4 hours to get to a DH mountain. under an hour? phffft. child's play.

unless yr cabin is open. :sneaky:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
well, it's free. you gotta remember, i'm used to drive 3-4 hours to get to a DH mountain. under an hour? phffft. child's play.

unless yr cabin is open. :sneaky:
I'll have 4 screaming kids at my place, 5, 3, 2 &1 You probably wouldn't want to stay at my place. Come to think of it, I don't want to be there either :eek: ;)