Quantcast

Just call me DH TreeSaw

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok, so I bought another new bike (yes, I have a problem 2 new bikes for TreeSaw in less than 2 months). Instigator hooked me up with this awesome DH rig that I have proceeded to abuse for the past 2 weekends. This weekend, I gave "the tank" a little TLC and cleaned it up, took some pics and now it's all ready for it's next torture session ;)

Check-ch-check it out!

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
TreeSaw said:
Ok, so I bought another new bike (yes, I have a problem 2 new bikes for TreeSaw in less than 2 months). Instigator hooked me up with this awesome DH rig that I have proceeded to abuse for the past 2 weekends. This weekend, I gave "the tank" a little TLC and cleaned it up, took some pics and now it's all ready for it's next torture session ;)

Check-ch-check it out!

ooooooh you are going to LOVE that bike. SGS's ride so very nice.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Kick Ass!
There should be a team Mudhoney with all of the DH grrrls here on RM.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I :heart: it so far. I rode it briefly at Tryon (Rochester, NY) and then proceeded to get schooled by it at Snowshoe on the Freeride course and realized I needed to buy it when I took it down the DH sport course at Snowshoe. The next weekend, we experienced Plattekill and left smiling and sore (both the bike & I). Now I am anxiously awaiting trips to Gore, West (if it ever opens), Whiteface and perhaps Mountain Creek & Jiminy Peak.

I have been bitten by the DH bug...that's for sure~ :devil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Sweet bike - what is that gold thing behind the cassette? Is it to keep the chain from going off the back of the cassette?? I also noticed some gold things up front too......same thing? to keep the chain from falling off?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
I :heart: it so far. I rode it briefly at Tryon (Rochester, NY) and then proceeded to get schooled by it at Snowshoe on the Freeride course and realized I needed to buy it when I took it down the DH sport course at Snowshoe. The next weekend, we experienced Plattekill and left smiling and sore (both the bike & I). Now I am anxiously awaiting trips to Gore, West (if it ever opens), Whiteface and perhaps Mountain Creek & Jiminy Peak.

I have been bitten by the DH bug...that's for sure~ :devil:
I Vote for a DH Monkeyfest at Jiminy Peak - I think that could/would be a good central destination point to draw people from New York, New England and other points east/west/north and south!

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
MMcG said:
Sweet bike - what is that gold thing behind the cassette? Is it to keep the chain from going off the back of the cassette?? I also noticed some gold things up front too......same thing? to keep the chain from falling off?
I think thats a sunn/ringle cassette which has a barrier to prevent the chain from crunching the spokes, like the cheap clear plastic disk on alot of oem wheels. The gold up front looks like the chainring, I have a vuelta middle ring that looks just like it.

very nice bike btw

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
ok... im sooo jealous and yet sooo happy that you have moved over to the BAD ARSE side of riding! ha ha

im sooo soooo spoiled with the downhill thing that i never want to pedal anymore... cooter is making me go on trails that i have to pedal cuz im such a puss... ha ha i need them both i realize!

i thikn we need a RM muddhunnies reunion and since ur in the NE and DHGIRLIE is in CA i think AR is a great midpoint for this reunion... he he

lets all get together and ride! that would be sooo fun!

laura is always game for some AR riding... unless of course she is getting married on the same freakin week of the race and cant make it! i will miss ya next weekend laura...