Quantcast

Just cleaned the fish tank......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I know..... I live a boring existence.

However, while siphoning the water for fresh water, noticed all the junk that they were swimming in. Felt bad for the little critters, so I emptied the tank, scrubbed it out, fresh water, and now, looks very inviting, for a fish.

No wonder I'm getting fatter.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We had a beta for the longest time. I don't remember if it was some sort of Kindergarten animal my wife brought home, or where it came from, but that little fish lived in our kitchen, in it's little tank, for damn near 6 years. We called it Beto the Beta. The only pet we've ever had that I never worried was going to bite someone, tear something up, or otherwise cause problems.

I should have more fish.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I would like to subscribe to this newsletter of interesting facts and stories
I've got plenty! We have about 70 accounts. Saltwater (reef, FOWLR, FO) and freshwater (cichlids, tropical, predators, plant tanks, ponds), largest tank is 1000g, highest profile account is the over the bed tank from the tv show Tanked. People will go to extreme lengths to avoid cleaning their own fish tanks.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I clean/install fish tanks for a living. Hauling hundreds of gallons of water a day is a good way to not get fatter.

I did this for about two years with a buddy of mine. It was a lot of fun, and he eventually sold the business for a good profit and started an aquaponics venture. Although you're constantly hauling water around the strangest places, the people you meet in that industry is worth every penny of entertainment.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I've got plenty! We have about 70 accounts. Saltwater (reef, FOWLR, FO) and freshwater (cichlids, tropical, predators, plant tanks, ponds), largest tank is 1000g, highest profile account is the over the bed tank from the tv show Tanked. People will go to extreme lengths to avoid cleaning their own fish tanks.
any fish tank / terrarium hybrids? I am a big fan of those