Quantcast

Just did some Home Surgery on an In-Grown Toenail

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I perform self surgery all the time. If you use the proper tools you should be fine. I usually do just slivers and crushed finger/toe nail removals. I have a first responder kit and it comes with a suture kit. It also comes with 2 doses of Morphine and I haven't had a instance were I needed to use it. I have used the suture kit on myself and another brave soul. I was surprised at how good I am at it. I usually sanitize with iso alcohol. As far as procedure I use the yank and quick twist method of surgery so the pain is sharp and over soon. I do have one rule.... if the wound is more the 1 1/2" long or 1/2" deep I won't bother with it because it will get infected. Infections I usually cut out and then let the doctor deal with it. They never go far enough and deep enough for my tastes. If I got bad **** in me I want it out. I also won't let them clean my wounds because they pussyfoot around and take forever. I can do it better and faster. You should see the look on the nurses faces when I show up and my wounds are prepped.......jdcamb

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
jdcamb said:
I perform self surgery all the time. If you use the proper tools you should be fine. I usually do just slivers and crushed finger/toe nail removals. I have a first responder kit and it comes with a suture kit. It also comes with 2 doses of Morphine and I haven't had a instance were I needed to use it. I have used the suture kit on myself and another brave soul. I was surprised at how good I am at it. I usually sanitize with iso alcohol. As far as procedure I use the yank and quick twist method of surgery so the pain is sharp and over soon. I do have one rule.... if the wound is more the 1 1/2" long or 1/2" deep I won't bother with it because it will get infected. Infections I usually cut out and then let the doctor deal with it. They never go far enough and deep enough for my tastes. If I got bad **** in me I want it out. I also won't let them clean my wounds because they pussyfoot around and take forever. I can do it better and faster. You should see the look on the nurses faces when I show up and my wounds are prepped.......jdcamb

GOOD GOD

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
jdcamb said:
I perform self surgery all the time. If you use the proper tools you should be fine.
Me too!!!! Just last month I did a home hysterectomy and I just got the home kit to fix haemorrhoids.

The Cheese

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Me too!!!! Just last month I did a home hysterectomy and I just got the home kit to fix haemorrhoids.

The Cheese
You're a freak!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
SuzyCreamcheese said:

The Cheese
Are you currently dating someone..... We could perform surgery on each other :love: j/k

jdcamb

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
GiantDHRider said:
too bad your instruments are not sterile. and the beer is probably too weak to have much of an effect on bacteria.

i hope your tetanus shots are up to date...
ethanol becomes bacterial-static (if not -cidal) at concentrations around 18% or so. beer and wine therefore are useless for disinfectants.

J

JRB

jdcamb said:
Are you currently dating someone..... We could perform surgery on each other :love: j/k

jdcamb
She just celebrated her birthday by giving birth to a college aged kid. That is why she gave herself a hysterectomy. Stop hitting on her.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I too was born with an ingrown toenail, and I've chronically had them all my life. Never had the doc take care of it except that once when i was born.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
dh girlie said:
Whew...I was afraid to look at your post...I wasn't sure if you were going to post pics of your home hysterectomy or home hemerhoid removal!
We're working on the instructional DVD. I t should be out in time for Christmas!

The Cheese

blimey!

what is worse? this thread... or that like DHGirlie I could not turn away... nasty reality... the suction here at RM these days.... I remember back in the early days when it was about rides and getting together for beer... now it is what can be grown with yeasty malt beverage in warm creases of the human body....

blimey

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BarbaRosa said:
blimey!

what is worse? this thread... or that like DHGirlie I could not turn away... nasty reality... the suction here at RM these days.... I remember back in the early days when it was about rides and getting together for beer... now it is what can be grown with yeasty malt beverage in warm creases of the human body....

blimey
WHEN...was it EVER about rides and getting together for beer with you?!?! Someone help me out here????

dh girlie said:
WHEN...was it EVER about rides and getting together for beer with you?!?! Someone help me out here????
http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?eventID=216571

originaly, back when Krusteebut was around and the blackhat jibber ridemoneky guy lived in Boudler... it was about rides and beer.... that first summer...

now beer, i have this place a couple blocks away from my haus, they have Guienness on tap where the owner pours it so you get clover leafs inthe foam...

beer anytime

and for you DH, all you can drink, on my tab ;)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BarbaRosa said:
http://www.jambase.com/search.asp?eventID=216571

originaly, back when Krusteebut was around and the blackhat jibber ridemoneky guy lived in Boudler... it was about rides and beer.... that first summer...

now beer, i have this place a couple blocks away from my haus, they have Guienness on tap where the owner pours it so you get clover leafs inthe foam...

beer anytime

and for you DH, all you can drink, on my tab ;)
[and for you DH, all you can drink, on my tab]

THAT...was what I was referring to...

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
dh boyeee said:
spiders are scary, not gross
I don't think they're all that scary, except for poisonous ones around kids.

Come ride a nice sunny summer morning around here and get one in your mouth or your nostril. . . you'll get a sense of the "gross."

As for home surgery: I slipped on a rock while casting for bait and had to butterfly a 2" gash on my palm (or else miss a day of fishing). The next Monday the doc said I shoulda got stitches but my patch job was good. She gave me a tetanus shot and a round of cipro for good measure. Four yrs later it's a little jagged but the topography is pretty good.

I also tapped a table saw blade once and earned 8 stitches in a thumb. The irrigation at the ER was rather tedious, especially since I knew I had flushed it pretty good w/both blood and water. Healing supervised by hand surgeon = almost invisible scar just 3yrs later.