Quantcast

Just Florida being Florida

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Spotted in this week’s NYT Magazine. Nice try, Ft. Lauderdale, we see you :clue:

View attachment 199044
I felt like a hostage there as a white suburban kid in the 90s. Cant imagine what its like right now living as literally anything else there.

Whatever tourism board that is, is making an effort. Cant assume everyone in the state supports the nutjobs

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I felt like a hostage there as a white suburban kid in the 90s. Cant imagine what its like right now living as literally anything else.

Whatever tourism board that is, is making an effort. Cant assume everyone in the state supports the nutjobs
Despite my snarky post, I agree with you. Not everyone in Florida is a total shithead. My brother moved to Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago, and he definitely qualifies as a a person the governor of that fine state deems unwanted. I'd say why but I can't, according to the Gov.

A lot of suburbia is like that. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out. Fucked me up as a teenager and I had to grow a lot to unlearn a lot of bullshit I just went along with.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Despite my snarky post, I agree with you. Not everyone in Florida is a total shithead. My brother moved to Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago, and he definitely qualifies as a a person the governor of that fine state deems unwanted. I'd say why but I can't, according to the Gov.

A lot of suburbia is like that. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out. Fucked me up as a teenager and I had to grow a lot to unlearn a lot of bullshit I just went along with.
that place is now just another cog in the idiot stronghold that is the US south.

people are hostages in their own state

...which is now the third most populated in the nation, right behind sanity haven number 2, texas

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

"...Also on the list are "Merriam-Webster's Elementary Dictionary," "The Bible Book," "The World Book Encyclopedia of People and Places," "Guinness Book of World Records, 2000," "Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus for Students," and "The American Heritage Children's Dictionary."

"...a spokesperson for the district said that the books "have not been banned or removed from the school district."

"Rather, they have simply been pulled for further review to ensure compliance with the new legislation," the spokesperson said. "To suggest otherwise is disingenuous and counterproductive..."

Banning Dictionaries? Encyclopedias? Seriously, WTF could the possible justification for that be?

Ohh, there is a word I don't like. Oohh, this Encyclopedia has a drawings / pictures of human genitalia!!

All knowledge is strictly forbidden, unless on the approved list.

The fuckers want to Rule you not Represent. Bring back the King!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

“When you run into one of these crack bears, you should be able to shoot it, period. And you shouldn’t have to pause or be afraid you’re gonna get arrested or harassed or pay fines. That’s just crazy.”

The Guardian was unable to find a documented incident of any of Florida’s estimated population of 4,050 black bears having ingested crack, and Shoaf did not return a request for clarification.

His colleagues, however, appeared swayed by his argument, and advanced the bill on party lines for a full house hearing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

“When you run into one of these crack bears, you should be able to shoot it, period. And you shouldn’t have to pause or be afraid you’re gonna get arrested or harassed or pay fines. That’s just crazy.”

The Guardian was unable to find a documented incident of any of Florida’s estimated population of 4,050 black bears having ingested crack, and Shoaf did not return a request for clarification.

His colleagues, however, appeared swayed by his argument, and advanced the bill on party lines for a full house hearing.
next they're going to go after the bears on welfare