Quantcast

Just Florida being Florida

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, shit. The cops seemed to start of nice enough. Then, they tried just shooting him in the leg.

a few days old, so i'm sure this was posted elsewhere.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man that's one of the most elegant (yet failed) attempts to deal with the inhumanity of the US so-called health system I've ever seen. The only thing that sucks is that they involved the rest of the world in the hospital. At a certain point, yer bizness just doesn't work anymore, and this shit ass country doesn't respect someone's ability to just say that's enough. Want proof? Check your gut reaction when your read the words "Dr Kavorkian." Now read that bio in 2023.

That takes a lot of love, mutual respect and forethought for the end times, not for an individual, but a partnership. I respect that. The guns and hostages are a little florida for sure but they wouldn't have been in that situation if we lived in a civilized society. Instead we get sean hannity doing photo ops outside of Terry Shiavo's hospital as her family is dealing with the most painful shit ever in their lives (also FL)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
She could have just poisoned him like a normal person.
I mean, he died of lead poisoning. The method of administration just had a bit more pop to it.

Man that's one of the most elegant (yet failed) attempts to deal with the inhumanity of the US so-called health system I've ever seen. The only thing that sucks is that they involved the rest of the world in the hospital. At a certain point, yer bizness just doesn't work anymore, and this shit ass country doesn't respect someone's ability to just say that's enough. Want proof? Check your gut reaction when your read the words "Dr Kavorkian." Now read that bio in 2023.

That takes a lot of love, mutual respect and forethought for the end times, not for an individual, but a partnership. I respect that. The guns and hostages are a little florida for sure but they wouldn't have been in that situation if we lived in a civilized society. Instead we get sean hannity doing photo ops outside of Terry Shiavo's hospital as her family is dealing with the most painful shit ever in their lives (also FL)
The fact that a terminally ill individual (or any individual, for that matter) cannot take their own life when the quality of said life has degraded to the point it is no longer tolerable is ridiculous. For all the talk of "my body, my choice", there sure are a lot of people who don't accept that living is a choice.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
all of that sounds like how everyone spoke in florida 25 years ago when I lived there.

imma guess that author lives in ny
That is how my ex-wifes Portuguese family sounds. Half a sentence in each language was common as was English with a liberal sprinkling of Portuguese words. The "Got down from the car" thing reminded me of "Close the lights" Same as you, this was 25 years ago but in small town Ontario. I think the writer is very sheltered. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That is how my ex-wifes Portuguese family sounds. Half a sentence in each language was common as was English with a liberal sprinkling of Portuguese words. The "Got down from the car" thing reminded me of "Close the lights" Same as you, this was 25 years ago but in small town Ontario. I think the writer is very sheltered. :rofl:
There's so much cuban spanglish and creole frenchlish in the florida swamps, I'd love to figure out a way to let the white power crowd down there know that's the language they speak

but you know.....reading

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:stupid:

Christ, as a trilingual speaker, this happens to me on an almost daily basis. I think it's a very well documented and well understood phenomenon to linguists and cognitive scientists.

Consequently, I like to think of myself as a cunning linguist.