Quantcast

Just for Fun Puzzle to solve

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Just for fun, here's a problem for all the tech heads out there to solve.

You're ridding your favorite trail. As you round a corner your front end digs in a flips you over the bars, sending your beautiful ride cart-wheeling into the very large, knarly tree ahead. On inspection you see that your seat rail has broken in half (because you were too cheap to fork out the dough for the model with Ti rails.) Since you are 16 miles from your car and hate walking this very tachnical trail, how are you going to fix this so you can ride out without having recurrent nightmares of cornfields.:eek: :eek:

Random

Chimp
Aug 14, 2001
Joplin, MO
Ask for help from the next person that comes by and steal their bike when they stop. Thats the only thing I could come up with.

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by B-Loco
Pedal standing up for 16 miles and love every leg burning minute of it :D

Once, way back in the day, I saw Paul Thomasburg break his seat off at the post, and rode miles to the finish standing up. He still won the race.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Just move the saddle forward on the broken rails so the break is within the clamping area and go home carefully.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
ummmm....I guess I could be a really nasty, gross person and mention what everyone first thought....you know, that joke about riding with a seat post and no seat....
eeewwwww!
ooowwwwwww!

Now, mind you, that's not what I would do!

I'd use the spare tube that I always carry with me to tie that sucker back together...whatever it takes, that seat's gonna get back on!

muddywolf

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
somewhere in the desert
Originally posted by oldfart
Just move the saddle forward on the broken rails so the break is within the clamping area and go home carefully.
oldfart stole my answer.....so ummm I guess my second option is stop a fourwheeler, and use their jumper cables and car battery to weld the sucker back together again:D

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by KrusteeButt

I'd use the spare tube that I always carry with me to tie that sucker back together...whatever it takes, that seat's gonna get back on!
You get the gold prize. Perfect answer.

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by KrusteeButt

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo!!!

(of course, I'm curious what part of the answer made it "gold prize" worthy....)
the spare tube technique. Its so obvious, so easy, and so overlooked. good thinking.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
(Krustee speaks to the crowd after accepting his award...)

"I'd like to thank all of you for all your support. It's been a long hard road to this point and I couldn't have done it without you. In particular, I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, my agent, my brothers, my aunts and uncles, Merwin, the mechanics at Performance Bike shop, my roommate that unknowingly supplied the spare tube, the mailman, the mailwoman, the cashier at King Sooper, Stevie Wonder, Ridemonkey, Kathy Ireland, all the Victoria Secret models, Alfred E. Neuman, Miles Davis, Anna Kournikova............................."