Quantcast

Just got a bike

Dr.phillerup

Chimp
Aug 27, 2009
I just picked up an 06 scott nitrous 20. I am 6'6" tall so its hard to find a bike to fit. Thing is I don't know if I should upgrade this thing or get a whole new bike to start with. I am new to the bicycle thing and stationed in Iraq right now so its hard getting good advice and knowledge.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I was in iraq with a bike as well, I say just deal with what you got if your not riding it much, on the other hand you can find a freeride bike on craigslist and have it shipped by a freind.

I wouldnt dare get a bike from the px so I got a kona stinky and rode that all over the FOB and I couldnt break it. plus its built hard enough to be able to play on bunkers and wacky drops that you can find on a FOB

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I just picked up an 06 scott nitrous 20. I am 6'6" tall so its hard to find a bike to fit. Thing is I don't know if I should upgrade this thing or get a whole new bike to start with. I am new to the bicycle thing and stationed in Iraq right now so its hard getting good advice and knowledge.
The same advice applies to just about everyone who posts with this question...take what you've got and ride the snot out of it. When parts break, upgrade or replace them. When you feel like you're ready for a new bike because this one isn't cutting it, then it's time to replace it.

Dr.phillerup

Chimp
Aug 27, 2009
Yeah thats what I did with the scott, and I ride all the time. Video games aren't really my thing and we have ass loads of down time between missions. But I already blew the forks out once (marzocchi 66vf2) had them rebuilt on R&R with heavier springs put in. but I am still not happy with the performance and the derailer is hanging up and the front chain rings are fukd now from the chain coming off. But the bike fits me and I don't know what other brands like kona have for larger frames.
Thanks for any input

Last edited:

Dr.phillerup

Chimp
Aug 27, 2009
The same advice applies to just about everyone who posts with this question...take what you've got and ride the snot out of it. When parts break, upgrade or replace them. When you feel like you're ready for a new bike because this one isn't cutting it, then it's time to replace it.
I've been looking on the forum for info on larger bikes. And I was hoping if someone could tell me a little about the nitrous 20