Quantcast

Just got a new LG Dare phone! Just like iPhone

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Just got a new LG Dare phone and wow it is awesome. Has pretty much the same stuff the iPhone does and is only $200 bucks. Has same interface when you turn the camera from horizontal to vertical on texting and pics, dragging pics and menus scroll etc. I'm super impressed by it. I'd recommend it to anyone highly. You can see how it works on YouTube.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
found the instinct to be better.
Can you tell me more about it? I am about 5 days from getting one.

The wife and I need new phones, and after looking at a few I found that I liked this one the best but haven't talked to anyone who owns one.

The wife is going for a blackberry, and we are likely going to use Sprint as our carrier. Personally I just want the web access as I dont talk on the phone much if at all. We just thought that with the wife being preggo it would be a good idea for me to be reachable at all times.

Apple is not an option. Not bashing the iphone since I understand it's a good product, but we don't buy Apple.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Can you tell me more about it? I am about 5 days from getting one.

The wife and I need new phones, and after looking at a few I found that I liked this one the best but haven't talked to anyone who owns one.

The wife is going for a blackberry, and we are likely going to use Sprint as our carrier. Personally I just want the web access as I dont talk on the phone much if at all. We just thought that with the wife being preggo it would be a good idea for me to be reachable at all times.

Apple is not an option. Not bashing the iphone since I understand it's a good product, but we don't buy Apple.
Um why would you ever want to be a Sprint customer? They lost 900,000 customers last quarter for a reason.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Um why would you ever want to be a Sprint customer? They lost 900,000 customers last quarter for a reason.
What is your experience with them? Who do you recommend?

People I ask in my area generally have either verizon or sprint. I hear good things about both. Haven't heard anything horrible about either yet.

Mar 23, 2006
NoVA/ Richmond
I used to have a contract with Nextel/Sprint right around the time sprint bought Nextel, and from my experiences with their service (as compared to Verizon, which is what I have now) is that the coverage was much less than what im used to now. Customer service with Verizon is acceptable, however sometimes it takes forever to resolve a problem. However my experience with Sprint may not really be of much use today, as its been ~3 years since ive held a contract with them. I can however say that as compared with other carriers that friends of mine have been using, ive seen much better reception and signal strength for a given area then a majority of other carriers.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
What is your experience with them? Who do you recommend?

People I ask in my area generally have either verizon or sprint. I hear good things about both. Haven't heard anything horrible about either yet.
Sprint is about to be no more, the last thing I'd want is a contract with them. Do some research on www.boygeniusreport.com, but everywhere's different and of course peoples experiences are different. But I'd personally go for AT&T or Verizon. A lot better long term outlooks.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sprint is about to be no more, the last thing I'd want is a contract with them. Do some research on www.boygeniusreport.com, but everywhere's different and of course peoples experiences are different. But I'd personally go for AT&T or Verizon. A lot better long term outlooks.
Thanks for that. I had no idea.

I am going to be looking at verizon and at&t now.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Thanks for that. I had no idea.

I am going to be looking at verizon and at&t now.
Anytime, I just bought a Nokia e71 after going through two iPhones, a Blackberry Curve, and I've had pretty much every AT&T smartphone ever out, so if you've got any questions, just ask.