Quantcast

Just got back from the LBS

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stosh,

Don't listen to anyone. None of us ride the same trails or the same conditions you do, except maybe Ms. Gettorigged. What works well in Texas or Virginia might not work well in your neck of the woods on the trails you ride. The tires I liked when I lived in Cinncinnati suck here. Talk to people on the trails you ride or your LBS, they will know what works well where you live. If that does not work just put on a set of 3.0" Gazzalodis.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Westy
Stosh,

Don't listen to anyone. None of us ride the same trails or the same conditions you do, except maybe Ms. Gettorigged. What works well in Texas or Virginia might not work well in your neck of the woods on the trails you ride. The tires I liked when I lived in Cinncinnati suck here. Talk to people on the trails you ride or your LBS, they will know what works well where you live. If that does not work just put on a set of 3.0" Gazzalodis.
Are you hitting on Ghettorigged?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Stosh,

You don't know what the hell you are talking about! My tires would work on the moon! :D

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Stosh,

I'm in NH.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
damn i missed all of this!!! anyways the phytons are ****in great. why do you think so many pros are riding them now and why so many companies are copying the design or trying heavily to produce a tire w/ similar characteristics. yes, the phytons don't shed mud all THAT well but someone w/ decent handling skills should be able to hold them upright. hell i ride them in the mud a lot and they aren't nearly as bad as everyone here seems to think. ridden those tires in almost every condition possible around the country from race to race and they have always done well. Tony, if you were pinch flatting them you may have been running them a bit way to low OR were running the airlight verison which had a thinner casing on them. the regular verison had a more supple casing on them than the airlites did and were a little bit heavier but nothing to complain about. and as for wear, i don't know what the **** you guys are doin to your tires to make them wear out like that. i've been running the same set since august and i gurantee i ride a good bit more then most of you guys and they are still good to go, well the rear one is finally gone but that tire has many, many, many hours on the rollers to be the cause of that.......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by indieboy
i don't know what the **** you guys are doin to your tires to make them wear out like that.
Not everyone is a IF riding skinny little punk, some people need a tire that can support more than a 115lb boy. Not to mention that some of us can actually put down some real power and need a tire that can handle it.:D:devil: :p

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Not everyone is a IF riding skinny little punk, some people need a tire that can support more than a 115lb boy. Not to mention that some of us can actually put down some real power and need a tire that can handle it.:D:devil: :p
i'm 150lbs thank you very much :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
You need to go to college and party more. Beer muscles rule.

you mean beer belly? yeah um if i end up like that then that's ****ed up. wouldn't want to be like anyone on this site that's for sure :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
and as for wear, i don't know what the **** you guys are doin to your tires to make them wear out like that.
I was talking about Hutchinson Scorpion UST's. I've heard other people say the same thing about the compound they use for their UST tires. I ran them for about 6 races and maybe 30 trail rides and they were shot. No road, all dirt. I go about 185. Argue all you want but that's how it went down... ;)

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Echo
I was talking about Hutchinson Scorpion UST's. I've heard other people say the same thing about the compound they use for their UST tires. I ran them for about 6 races and maybe 30 trail rides and they were shot. No road, all dirt. I go about 185. Argue all you want but that's how it went down... ;)
well anytime you throw a big knobbie tire w/ a decently soft compound of course they are gonna wear some what quickly DUH :D. yeah i've run throw a pair of scropions preeeeetty quickly but ti's all good b/c they are killer tires

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
yeah i've run throw a pair of scropions preeeeetty quickly but ti's all good b/c they are killer tires
Yep I still run one on the front, definitely hooks up nice... went to a Maxxis Highroller on the rear. Nice balance as long as ya don't mind having diff brands of tire front and rear :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Echo
Yep I still run one on the front, definitely hooks up nice... went to a Maxxis Highroller on the rear. Nice balance as long as ya don't mind having diff brands of tire front and rear :D
that's gay.....lol jk i've heard pretty good things about the high rollers though.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Maxxis make the bestest tires.

I am still riding my Maxxis Mofo XC tires and I love them. They are good all around for non-racing fun. They corner so sweetly.

Been thinking of changing them off in the hardpack dry season but they are ok then too. They have such a low rolling resistance that they don't really bother me.

I think I will try some different maxxis tires eventually when these wear out but they are lasting forever.

word to the wise with your tires: check the tire weight before you buy them.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Kenda Kozmik Light ! 345 g 1.9
Fast ! and light (thats all i care, my favourite)...

For just riding panaracer fire xc or you could go with hutchy scorpions 2.0's. I cant tell much difference between those 2.