May 2, 2004
quebec
And they have canned the 220 :(

thats one less bike off the list.

-yeti 303
-commencal supreme dh
-v10
-turner dw link if ever

Im leaning to the yeti and commencal just on availability and pricing from go-ride.

I've noticed most frames have generaly gone with a balenced ( or close ) 8 to 8 front and back of travel.

I know the yeti's have all the cool greasing for the rail and slidder assembly.
How's the tubing on the new yeti's ??? are they paper thin too ???

Durability and warrenty are my main top of the list things including plush suspension that reminds me of my MK1 v10.

I cant stand bikes that are stiff all the time and just feel like a fr bike.I want something saggy and progressive that sucks and keeps the wheel on the ground. ( greanted I am aware of having to set-up suspension to owners carecteristics )

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That list is pretty strange. There are both more planted bikes and more popy bikes, same for geo - all over the map not only in terms of ha and bb height but tt length.

I'd suggest you test ride some new bike because imho 1st gen (if you mean the god awful looking ones) v10s felt like poo compared to any modern susp.

Also it would be good to decide if you want a longer or shorter frame as imho its the most overlooked number and it really changes how the bike rides.

I'd look at the legend but compared to the old v10 it may feel "stiff". I would not really be eager to get the new v10 as looking at the new dirt that is littered with rumors about a new sc dh bike (carbon, new geo acroding to them) and the first part of the travel does not feel that super deep. Maybe get an m6? You can still prolly find one new in some places.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Could your list be more all over the map?

hahaahaha Frasier :)

My list is all over cause im working on budget.

NORBAR:

This is why this thread is beeing made.Here in quebec,enything high end is rare enough.theres no shops here that I know who will have a fully loaded yeti,SC,foes etc. high end you name it.

Ive also been out of the game since 2006/7.Hense a bit of help would be super appreciated,but its RM and its TIGHT.

And god awfull ugly ones as in the nicest looking ones if you ask me....rode and feel horrible ??? I still havn't tried a bike to this date that felt like that one. ( the worst looking v10 is by far the first years of the MK2 with the horrible stand over,the ones I missed the riding on /05/06/07 )

I was looking at used m6's.....they go for 1800 here generaly used and people are cheap as FOOk in quebec.....I can get a brand new yeti for that price thanks to the canadian dollar. ( hense why im leaning on it so much ) I like the geo too and its ajustibility.

and p.s the new sc flagship cant be carbon....no one will buy it for various reason,1 price,2 durability 3: who will feel safe on a carbon frame....I dont care I deff wont.

Last edited:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
His list has one common thread (other than the turner dw link bike)- All are proven WC racers.

Yes.

The dw is un-likely I will purchase,cause it wont ever be released in a timely fashion ( next few weeks ) however the turner got its place in the thread from the past experience of the old dhr's reliability ( granted nothing never fails ) but turner has a great rep and hense the deserve of the option and thaught.

the yeti sale has got a fire in my pants that cant be extinguished.I want to purchase it now because of price and a nice geo and its a yeti ( Ive always wanted a old lawwill dh9 ) and they are one brand thats been around since I started riding over 10 years ago.

However I want to hear some words from owners who ride em every week.not sit in the basement collecting dust.

I also threw the disco up there for bombproofness,and the jedi for pricing.both un-likely purchases however,always good to keep the options open.

The yeti is growing on me more and more.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
V10, Commencal supreme, jedi, turner DW?

And exactly what part of that list is a budget? The turner will probably be the most expensive production DH frame on the market.

Also, there are MANY places in Montreal and QC that carry plenty of high end DH stuff, give me a break.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
V10, Commencal supreme, jedi, turner DW?

And exactly what part of that list is a budget? The turner will probably be the most expensive production DH frame on the market.
I know,but if it holds its value compaired to the old dhr,it could be worth it.

Its 3200$

foes used to be 3500+ I considre it affordable,however,timely fashion....will probably make the dw loose in the end.

The jedi, is up there cause of its price and its a canfield.

The commencal is up there cause of the go-ride sale ( if not i wouldnt considre it ) ( basic single pivot with a zero stack for 3K forget it... ) however 2100 for frame,rear hub and a thomson post+ a E13 guide is a GREAT price.

V10 up there automaticly because its my previous bike and well it worked just how I wanted it too.

A v10 here is 3200$( without the fox....add 200$ ) ( thats 100$ more cause our canadian dollar is booming@ 3100 dw price,without the fox shock too.... )

The yeti imo is the price best bang,i even tried searching for some feedback on them.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Frasier,my old lbs doesn't even stock enything involving dirt..... ( thats how week their **** has become )

ABC is were I got my old v10,and its far from my place,then theres laporte wich I dont even know if it still exists.....

then theres synergy wich is new who do carry santa-cruz and specialized.They quoted me 3200 for a v10 black ano with a vivid.they wanted extra 200 for the fox....

theres not meny who keep the prestigeous expensive toys I like in stock for me to try.

Granted there are great shops all over IE ABC beeing one of them.

abc only has a v10 frame they want 3k vivid equiped.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
hahaahaha Frasier :)

and p.s the new sc flagship cant be carbon....no one will buy it for various reason,1 price,2 durability 3: who will feel safe on a carbon frame....I dont care I deff wont.

Unless they take their rumors from rm they prolly have reliable info. The new vsomenumber is the worst kept secret ever and it is for a reason. I found them suggesting a carbon dh rig 2 times in the dirt 99 plus loads of smaller suggestions bout the new bike.

About the lbs thing - cant you travel let's say 50 miles to a better shop and try something out? It's not like you live in my country that stocks less frames than an average us city.

As for people who wouldn't feel safe and durability - BS. I used a cnt bar from easton for 2.5 season and I smash them on everything. If a bar survives that many direct rock hits it can survive anything. Also I doubt syndicate would go for the carbon edge rims if they were not really durable. At their price they have to be because otherwise it would make to sense to drop dt.

As for bikes holding prices - no new bike will. Buy used if that concerns you. If you will buy a bike that is heavily discounted be prepered to get very little for it as ppl remember that sort of thing. Old dhrs or glorys are a good example.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Check out speedgoat.com . 2k9 Supreme dh is there for 1980 bucks .

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If you're on a budget, why not look at Specialized or maybe even Trek? There should be plenty of dealers carrying those. And if not, there was plenty of Demo 8s floating around on the PB buy and sell when I was looking for one this winter...

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Unless they take their rumors from rm they prolly have reliable info. The new vsomenumber is the worst kept secret ever and it is for a reason. I found them suggesting a carbon dh rig 2 times in the dirt 99 plus loads of smaller suggestions bout the new bike.

About the lbs thing - cant you travel let's say 50 miles to a better shop and try something out? It's not like you live in my country that stocks less frames than an average us city.

As for people who wouldn't feel safe and durability - BS. I used a cnt bar from easton for 2.5 season and I smash them on everything. If a bar survives that many direct rock hits it can survive anything. Also I doubt syndicate would go for the carbon edge rims if they were not really durable. At their price they have to be because otherwise it would make to sense to drop dt.

As for bikes holding prices - no new bike will. Buy used if that concerns you. If you will buy a bike that is heavily discounted be prepered to get very little for it as ppl remember that sort of thing. Old dhrs or glorys are a good example.

I've had a carbon easton bar on my v10 too.

A bar is allot different then a frame.And my bar had a gash in it too,it rode fine a season after then I sold the bike,I might have a pic.....

I do...

The trek is nice and all,but its thin tubes are not for me.
I had a high end 1100$ trials frame that I beat the **** out of cause it was too thin.Your DT barely hit a rock and boom nice dents...check this out....

my current trials frame has not one dent.thats the diff between a frame that weight 3.7 and 4.4 pounds.

And thats simply why I refuse owning enything made of rediculous gauge tubes.IE the trek from wat the mass's say.

I've never been a specialized fan.I cant stand big hits from my og era of riding ( yes I know the power of technology and the for-front changing )

I've never tried a demo, ( the main distribution center is right besides my friends house ) so im sure I could ride one there...but I've been told all of their inventory has been sold,not that I really cared...

I can't stand buying used.I tried to do it for the past month.Everyone lies and everyone is so sketchy,specialy here in quebec omg.And everything is so over priced and abused for wat it is.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Since ya from Q, why not also add the Cove Shocker in there the 2010 is supp lighter and always been a top rig.

The Commencal would be right in there too with that parts list and GR are top to deal with too.

Don;t write it off because u think of it as a single pivot, its a linkage driven SP, that SP does not make it bad, its WC proven and a very capable rig, any of these choices you will be the limiting factor not the bike!

Budget and DWL Turner do not compute, while resale value is nice, that also does not compute with DH bikes! It maybe a dog no one will no, not likely but, find the right bike for you.

Nothing wrong with the Yeti 303 RDH or Turner DHR on Go-Ride either, both are probably more than capable for most riders, DHRs dominated here in our Nat series, but a Lappierre won out, still surprised me how many round tubed DHRs there were, mind you ya still see 4-5 yr old Sundays doing well too and square tubed DHRs and many other bikes, linkage or Link driven and std SP bikes.

Surprised COVE is not on ya list!

:thumb:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
From the above posts, there really is no pleasing you, and thus your post. I think you should reconsider SpecialEd simply because of the priority you put into reliability. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of Specialized's warrantee period is for life, save the Demo's. But I believe even then they have a 5 year period, while most other companies you list have 1 - 2 year at best. This is based on a very bad memory, I didn't look anything up, so specifics to the contrary is appreciated.

A lot of peeps 'round these parts are sporting the new demo's during spring training. I must admit, they look hot and they're saying they handle just as hot. Good luck getting one, tho. You may want to try Mojo Wheels here in CO....

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I would deffenetly have to try one before even considering even purchasing but who knows could be wat im looking for.....

tomorow I will have quite some calls to make.

And yes I will highly douptly get the DW link.Its up there however cause turner deserves to be up there.

I may also get a older tried and true dhr...I rlly like the geo on it too.

I just want to go riding @ bromont so bad I am itching all kinds.

samdemo

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
go-ride has some nice pricing on the Old style DHR.
Hucknroll has some decent pricing on the M6

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
go-ride has some nice pricing on the Old style DHR.
has some decent pricing on the M6
HA! That's me in the Huck page via your link!

Back on topic. I vote Yeti from Go-Ride. Proven frame and supporting 2 great companies.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I say canfield jedi. you want reliability, a little ruggedness, CLICKED geo and a fast bike... There it is. I hopped on one this season, it is better than any other bike I have owned.

But for real, it sounds like you are making up your own mind. Why did you even ask on here?

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
P.s I forgot to mention,

Thank you to everyone who sent me vendor links to great pricing for frames.Much love <3

Iridemtb: Simply the pricing at the moment for a CANFIELD is something to jump on...and your stupid if you dont considre it ( if your someone in my position at the moment obviously ) Good too know.Are the tubes as small as they look ??? Its still a canfield however and dont those still hold some kick ass warrenty ? p.s thanks

A complet bike would be a kick ass option now via that thaught....thanks zoro!

Fluider: Remember a few posts back were I say yes I know im a nazi and hard to please someone said loool well,Im gona be plain honnest,I want a devinci that much less from a specialized simply cause im narrow minded and they will be floating everywhere here.

Yes,I'd get a demo before a wilson,and the demo is pretty much at the bottom simply cause im a narrow minded asshole.However,i should deff check the distribution center for the hell of it.Defenetly worth it enyway.

However growing up as a kid I've always wanted a yeti,mentioned the ultra gangster lawwill DH9.Now this could be my chance,the pricing the 2010 complet is so nice too.

The page for the frame ( 303 ) mentions nothing for the canada ishue,only the DJ frame deff mentions.

p.s I've baught from go-ride years ago,still have my white troy lee jersey ( back wen no one had white going on ;) ) and a troy le d2 carbon that I sold to a friend after selling my bike.

Go-ride is the ****.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
P.s I forgot to mention,

Thank you to everyone who sent me vendor links to great pricing for frames.Much love <3

Iridemtb: Simply the pricing at the moment for a CANFIELD is something to jump on...and your stupid if you dont considre it ( if your someone in my position at the moment obviously ) Good too know.Are the tubes as small as they look ??? Its still a canfield however and dont those still hold some kick ass warrenty ? p.s thanks

A complet bike would be a kick ass option now via that thaught....thanks zoro!

Fluider: Remember a few posts back were I say yes I know im a nazi and hard to please someone said loool well,Im gona be plain honnest,I want a devinci that much less from a specialized simply cause im narrow minded and they will be floating everywhere here.

Yes,I'd get a demo before a wilson,and the demo is pretty much at the bottom simply cause im a narrow minded asshole.However,i should deff check the distribution center for the hell of it.Defenetly worth it enyway.

However growing up as a kid I've always wanted a yeti,mentioned the ultra gangster lawwill DH9.Now this could be my chance,the pricing the 2010 complet is so nice too.

The page for the frame ( 303 ) mentions nothing for the canada ishue,only the DJ frame deff mentions.

p.s I've baught from go-ride years ago,still have my white troy lee jersey ( back wen no one had white going on ;) ) and a troy le d2 carbon that I sold to a friend after selling my bike.

Go-ride is the ****.
oooooh.... I get it! so you want a unique bike... so people in line at the lifts in Bromont will point at your bike, nod and whisper in silent approval. You're looking for validation through the eyes of the masses... I get it. Problem is, there's a ton of those people in Bromont. They all think they're unique, with their fancy "unique" bikes and TLD pyjamas. Problem is, most of them can't ride worth sh!t. (of course, there are some world class rippers there too, but usually they're not so flashy). I say let your riding do the talking, don't worry so much about what bike you're on... :D

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
But for real, it sounds like you are making up your own mind. Why did you even ask on here?
some people like to hear themselves talk.

oooooh.... I get it! so you want a unique bike... so people in line at the lifts in Bromont will point at your bike, nod and whisper in silent approval. You're looking for validation through the eyes of the masses... I get it. Problem is, there's a ton of those people in Bromont. They all think they're unique, with their fancy "unique" bikes and TLD pyjamas. Problem is, most of them can't ride worth sh!t. (of course, there are some world class rippers there too, but usually they're not so flashy). I say let your riding do the talking, don't worry so much about what bike you're on... :D
my take as well. it's all about validation.

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
If it is all about his validation who cares it's his perceived validation not yours. It doesn’t matter at all if your fast or not, if only the top riders bought the best **** DH bikes would be double the price. Its kinda like rice rockets, about 1% of the people that own them can take the bike to its limit but atleast Joe blow can buy one. We need posers and couch potatoes to buy DH bikes! P-spec I am not implying that you are a poser or a couch rider. I say get the Yeti cause that is clearly what you want. ;)

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I know the yeti's have all the cool greasing for the rail and slidder assembly.
How's the tubing on the new yeti's ??? are they paper thin too ???

Durability and warrenty are my main top of the list things including plush suspension that reminds me of my MK1 v10.
Tubes - Doesn't sound paper thin. I've had mine a year and no dents.

Suspension - it's linear, you can set it up to be as plush as your fork (also linear). It won't get as supple in initial travel as a V10 (progressive).

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
...wait a sec, I'm confused now-

Tomac isn't making the Primer anymore, but they're sponsoring a DH team this season? How does that make sense?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If it is all about his validation who cares it's his perceived validation not yours. It doesn’t matter at all if your fast or not, if only the top riders bought the best **** DH bikes would be double the price. Its kinda like rice rockets, about 1% of the people that own them can take the bike to its limit but atleast Joe blow can buy one. We need posers and couch potatoes to buy DH bikes! P-spec I am not implying that you are a poser or a couch rider. I say get the Yeti cause that is clearly what you want. ;)
you know, you're probably right. Live and let live.

I guess i just get annoyed when some little dudes, all kitted out in their latest greatest peejays, think they're all hot **** and cut people off on track. :rant: It's happended numerous times to me at Bromont, where people will be sitting at an entry point to a trial, and I'll be flowing in from the previous section, and they just cut me off as I'm coming in. I almost ran one kid over one time, and he was totally holding me up in every tech section after cutting me off. I decided not to give him room and bumped into his rear wheel a couple of times. At the bottom I gave him hell for cutting me off, and to wait his turn if he's trying to integrate onto a trail. It's like people who merge onto a highway, into the left lane doing 30 mph, in some exotic sports car. The kid was sort of apologetic, but I still don't think he really cared as much about his poor etiquette as about being embarrased in line in front of all those people for being too slow while pushing the latest race bike wearing his nice kit. /rant.

So whatever, get whichever bike you want, just don't be a douche at the hill.

Oh, and also, be upfront about what you want if you're going to solicit people's advice on the forum. Say it right out at the beginning: "I'm looking for a unique, boutique brand, but I'm on a budget". I wouldn't have wasted my time posting if he'd said that up front.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .

stuff

Oh, and also, be upfront about what you want if you're going to solicit people's advice on the forum. Say it right out at the beginning: "I'm looking for a unique, boutique brand, but I'm on a budget". I wouldn't have wasted my time posting if he'd said that up front.
I'll second that. I have nothing against the OP and who doesn't like helping a fellow bro out every now and then. But to say you are on a budget and your list includes the most expensive bike on the market (allegedly) and a host of other random criteria that changes while others make suggestions, makes it hard to offer decent suggests.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec

I guess i just get annoyed when some little dudes, all kitted out in their latest greatest peejays, think they're all hot **** and cut people off on track. :rant: It's happended numerous times to me at Bromont, where people will be sitting at an entry point to a trial, and I'll be flowing in from the previous section, and they just cut me off as I'm coming in. I almost ran one kid over one time, and he was totally holding me up in every tech section after cutting me off. I decided not to give him room and bumped into his rear wheel a couple of times. At the bottom I gave him hell for cutting me off, and to wait his turn if he's trying to integrate onto a trail. It's like people who merge onto a highway, into the left lane doing 30 mph, in some exotic sports car. The kid was sort of apologetic, but I still don't think he really cared as much about his poor etiquette as about being embarrased in line in front of all those people for being too slow while pushing the latest race bike wearing his nice kit. /rant.

So whatever, get whichever bike you want, just don't be a douche at the hill.

dont care so much of others and focus on yourself dude.You just sound jealous.

If you think thats bad,man you should see one of my friends,hes 22,his perents baught him a house renovated it,baught him both his cars,a daily saab and a 91 jetta with over 30 000$ invested in it,they pay his gas his food and still buy his clothes and phone bills.

Brother if you are upset about other peoples ****,man you will have a tough life,be proud of yourself and wat you buy spend.

Hense me with my next bike,I want something I will be proud to own and ride every weekend just like the old days.Im also someone who doesn't mind paying something made of quality that will last a long time.

Like king hubs.Ive had mine on my trials rig for 7 years now.
Hense why I want a frame to last,Ive been around and owned and tried numerous prestigeous machines.

p.s Bro I been riding dh @ bromont at the age of 11 on my ****ing trek hardtail.From the banzai to the adrenaline to the boomwrang to the world cup.

They might have changed the names of the trails since....

lmao ive been off these bikes for a few years and im a noob all over again :rolleyes: hopefully I will be set up soon and we can go riding my ottawa friend and show you how some do in quebec.

the douches you speak of are probly guys like me riding non stop and pass slower people and dont want to stop. ( its like driving you let the faster guy right away ) so they pass.Dont be pissed.

Im on a budget to a extent,I dont feel like spending 10 000$ on a bike.....
7000$ would be probly my max budget.

p.s watch out for little dudes,Frasier will put you too shame.

And YES TOMAC IS NOT MAKING THE 220 ENYMORE.
Not some rumour invented,I called them yesterday they gave me the reason of canning "we dont make money with it and weve had some problems,we will produce a next dh bike in the next year or 2" I was told.

Im guessing that rediculous crank spacing and wtv else.

Last edited:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I'll second that. I have nothing against the OP and who doesn't like helping a fellow bro out every now and then. But to say you are on a budget and your list includes the most expensive bike on the market (allegedly) and a host of other random criteria that changes while others make suggestions, makes it hard to offer decent suggests.
Who said I am never whilling to help someone out ????

loool.

Yes I know im a nazi and im picky.Someone has to be... dont worry i dont tell myself " **** these guys always refering trash" not wat so ever looool,but at the end of the day its my money and purchase you know.but thanks for all the recomendations.

some of you gotta relax and realise im from quebec,life is easy.

I just need a bike that will handle and last the local amazing mountain I miss riding allot.

however with all the cool **** ive owned,I cant own mass production its agaisnt my religion.

And its personal and others for sure feel me and if its a problem dont read my thread,

<3 too everyone.
p.s I want the god damn yeti but with diff spec...and the spec I want worries my pricing :rofl::D

Last edited:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Who said I am never whilling to help someone out ????

loool.

Yes I know im a nazi and im picky.Someone has to be... dont worry i dont tell myself " **** these guys always refering trash" not wat so ever looool,but at the end of the day its my money and purchase you know.but thanks for all the recomendations.

some of you gotta relax and realise im from quebec,life is easy.

I just need a bike that will handle and last the local amazing mountain I miss riding allot.

however with all the cool **** ive owned,I cant own mass production its agaisnt my religion.

And its personal and others for sure feel me and if its a problem dont read my thread,

<3 too everyone.
p.s I want the god damn yeti but with diff spec...and the spec I want worries my pricing :rofl::D
sorry, there is a misunderstanding, i am not saying you aren't willing to help others out. what i was saying is I am willing to help others out and it is easier for me to do so if I am not shooting at a moving target. that is all. i wasn't accusing you of anything other than having wandering criteria.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Hahaha,I am sorry I deff missunderstood.

Why not considre all options wen money is there.

"naw im sayin"
I await my go-ride email.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
The Yeti does not have paper thin tubing, it's more of a burly tubeset, but not overly heavy either.

Same with the older DHR's we have. Tough tubing.

The Yeti is a lil more poppy bit still rides plenty plush.

The linkage of the DHR makes for a more glued ride.

Krispy.

Oh- i don't answer the Sales Emails here- you are probably talking w/ VDub allready. Cheers!

stringbean

Chimp
Aug 30, 2008
skipped most of this thread caus i get sick of all the bs talked.
buy the yeti, as you said, your on a budget, its a race proven frame, theres no reason to look at anything else. i've been riding mine for a year at an elite level in aus, (prob cat 1 or something in the us) and havent had any problems with it. keep the rail clean and you wort have a problem. on a side note 2 of my friends are currently saving for one after riding mine, ones on a 09 v-10, the others on a 224.