Quantcast

Just got out of the hospital.....

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Well I just got out of the hospital this morning after having a full acl reconstruction done yesterday morning, as well as some other stuff. It only took 9 months of fighting to have it done, Looks like with the super aggressive rehab my doctor has put on I will be back to 100% in 6 months maybe less. I have pics that I will post up later of the inside of my knee and the cave where the acl should have been, and the 1/4 to 1/2 inch piece of cartilege sp? that was shredded all over my knee. Aparently doing 5 and 6 foot drops to flat consistantly when I was a little younger on a 20" really took its toll on my body. Anyway I know BigMike, Corey, and Brian were wondering what was going on. The only thing left is to find some good drugs, becuase they have me on this p***y loratab 5's. Which literally dont do anything, hell I didnt even get morphine in the hospital, guess all the dumba&s rednecks in West Virginia abuse all the painkillers and screw me over....well end rant my knee is now killing my from sitting at the computer.
Later,
Adam

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I had a scope and scrape around 3 years ago. Fortunately nothing tore. It was one too many stairsets on skateboards that did me in. The insides of my knee looked like confetti. I woke up from the surgery and the first thing I asked was when can I ride my bike. I was riding later that week. I was in college at the time and it was just easier to ride to class than to use crutches.

I hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly. Good Luck!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
niiiiiiiiicee!!

glad you finally got it done, we're looking forward to having you back amongst the riding.

i had a very similar injury/rebuild (acl & meniscal cartilidge) i was close to 100% after 6 months as well. just let 'em kick your ass at rehab and it'll work itself out.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Heal well Adam and don't rush getting back into things. Looks like the doc did some good work there, don't tear it up!!

Mike

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Thanks for all the kind words.....yeah rehab will be a b*^ch but my knee will be in much better condition then when I started, I should also drop some weight which would be really nice, should make me faster. The good thing is that Chad...owner of Soul Cycles is super cool and I am not losing my ride with them, actually when I am back to 100%I should have the new fs 4x race bike then. Well I am pretty loopy on the PK'ers...had to add more to the dosage...wasnt cutting it before, so I will stop rambling.....

Oh and thanks Grasshopper....(Eric) didnt realize you actually took a pic of me the other day. Great...Thanks...lol
Later
Adam

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Damn Adam, Glad you finally got your knee taken care of! Don't rush getting back into it, we all know how stupid you can be :p

And if you feel bad and Rachel is not around...... just give the bear a big hug! :D

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Thanks Mike....can always count on you to be a smartass.....I will probably see you guys at some point this weekend at wisp, may come out a visit/take pics....and Bearmtnpicnic....what the hell are you talking about?
hey did anyone see what happend to my all morn the loss of hurlykid post? or rather did anyone get a chance to see it/

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
If you work hard at your PT you can be back faster. Couple five years ago I did the same amount of Van Damage to my knee, was back playing rugby in six months as opposed to a year, back on my snowboard in nine months. Would have been sooner, but no snow.

Do they have you on some sort of a knee bending/motion device yet? I was on one of those as soon as I was out of surgery. It locked in unnatural positions a few times, which hurt like hell, but I think in the long run it helped. Also, be careful if they give you one of those industrial ice pack machines. A friend of mine passed out with his on, ended up with some really nasty frost bite damage all over his knee.

Take it easy man, be back at it in no time, and your knee really will be stronger. Did you get a cadavar graft, or did they take a strip of your ham string to make it work?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
That hammy graft is way stronger. I think it takes six psi to blow your acl, while I think its in the high 20's to low 30's to tear the hammy once it heals.

Only downside is now your hammy isn't as strong. Watch out for the late night cramps, they were the worst.