Quantcast

Just Hardcore

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I'm surprized he isn't sinking into the ground leaving deep ruts or hasn't folded the frame. haha

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
At least, he is riding.

At least, he is not some fat piece of sh$% sitting at home watching TV and getting fatter.

Gotta give him some props.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
There is a guy that I see once in a while in my area that is about the same size and rides the exact same bike. Gotta give them their credit as they are actually riding and not doing something like sitting on the couch.

The guy I know also rides everywhere that I do, granted slower, but still tackles the trails. He is out in the rain, snow, heat - all the time. Goes to show that everyone can enjoy riding...

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Any of you guys ever run into big John? He is about that guys size and races DH. He has a couple custom built bikes, one is sprung with a Fox snowmobile shock. The guy is nice as hell, I alway have repected him for being out there doing it and not letting his size hold him back.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'm surprized he isn't sinking into the ground leaving deep ruts or hasn't folded the frame. haha
Are you kidding? With tires that wide he could ride through peanut butter and not sink in. I actually wish I had that bike about 10 years ago, where I lived had a lot of deep sand on the trails, I couldn't get tires wide enough.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
That dude is awesome.

A few years ago I went snowboarding and their were 50 japanese people on the slope. They would form a line all the way across the slope, halfway down. Yelling at them did no good, they had no idea what you were saying. I started following this fat dude who would just crouch down and blast a few of them out of the way on every run. It looked like they were being hit by a car. Being fat has some advantages.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
if you think about it.

that guy put a lot of thought, effort and $$$ into getting a bike built up that was functional for his obvious physical state.
you know he probably destroyed a few frames and numerous parts along the way.
he didn't give up.

i'd be willing to bet his fun level is right up there with the rest of ours.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
that guy put a lot of thought, effort and $$$ into getting a bike built up that was functional for his obvious physical state.
he didn't give up.
Surly makes that bike for sand and snowy terrain. It clearly works for big guys too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if you think about it.

he didn't give up.

i'd be willing to bet his fun level is right up there with the rest of ours.
He's test riding a stock surly that comes that way at interbike.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Steve (the dude) is pretty cool.
I know very few hardcore-sque DH poseurs at this year's dirt demo that put in the ride time like this guy did.

I actually offered to take his photo with my camera bec his sucked pretty bad. Here he was passing through the tire repair center at Dirt Demo.

He was lucky enough to escape the spray guns of the Fox Shock boys. I had to leave the tent because I was so out of place with the Fox guys.. ;)

brokenbikes

Chimp
Oct 3, 2006
New Zealand
Total respect for that guy eh - hes clearly out there lovin the sport, and it'll be helping with his health no doubt. Most people who get pretty chunky tend to use it as a reason not to get out and active - good on him :cheers:

Wayne

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Kamloops, BC
We had a guy we used to call 'the big show' who raced the BC Cup. He was about half the size of that guy riding the Surly, but he was still a big guy. Anyway, he was a fast dude. Almost made it to the pro ranks, plus he could style it up in the air better than most.