Quantcast

Just in case you were wondering, Theatre history is really hard

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
give us a question, so we can see how hard it is? i took theatre a few semesters ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, even though it was an 8am class.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
the Inbred said:
give us a question, so we can see how hard it is? i took theatre a few semesters ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, even though it was an 8am class.

"How did the medieval Europeans deal with wars, plague and other depressing things in life by indulging in popular entertainments? From the Feast of Fools, the Boy Bishop, royal entries to tournaments, to St. George and Robin Hood plays, sotties, May Day celebrations and mummings, how did they take thir mids off of what was bad and celebrate? What were the cathartic and entertainment functions of things like dances, farces, and cat torture?"

That is a LOT of sh!t to cover in one question. and there are six like that.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BigMike said:
"How did the medieval Europeans deal with wars, plague and other depressing things in life by indulging in popular entertainments? From the Feast of Fools, the Boy Bishop, royal entries to tournaments, to St. George and Robin Hood plays, sotties, May Day celebrations and mummings, how did they take thir mids off of what was bad and celebrate? What were the cathartic and entertainment functions of things like dances, farces, and cat torture?"

That is a LOT of sh!t to cover in one question. and there are six like that.
Answer = C

Done

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Answer = C

Done

Dude, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Why didnt you tell me that yesterday!?!

Well, I got 15 pages written yesterday of schoolwork, now I'm sitting down to write prolly 5-8 more. Which means I'll be posting a lot, because i'm easily distracted.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hmmm...that is quite different than the theatre i had. thank god. i thought it was multiple choice stuff.

tell us about cat torture!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
the Inbred said:
tell us about cat torture!

I think its in ancient Greece..... they would torture cats for pleasure. They would throw them into fires, cut them up and throw them around. All sorts of sick sick stuff. :D in theatre they would dress up cats as the bad guys, and when they had to be slain, they would kill them on stage.

If I come across more while I'm working on this exam, i'll let you know