Quantcast

Just installed: Point One Racing Infinite direct mount stem

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
I had a split second dm 25.4mm. I was able to bend them with my arm meats by yanking up on one side of the bars will pushing down on the other. Got rid of it on the spot and replaced with sunline dm.

Be curious if you could do it with this stem.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am 210lbs and ride hard. Even took a good digger on it yesterday and it didn't budge. It is much more solid than you would think.

ender, you must be hulk or spend too much time at the gym. I have ridden my split second DM for 2 years without one single issue (including multiple major crashes).

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
I am 210lbs and ride hard. Even took a good digger on it yesterday and it didn't budge. It is much more solid than you would think.

ender, you must be hulk or spend too much time at the gym. I have ridden my split second DM for 2 years without one single issue (including multiple major crashes).
I am the hulk. Don't make me angry.

Actually, it didn't take much to bend it. I'm not that strong.

I still have the stem so, I'll see about making a video of me bending it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I was actually looking for a longer DM stem due to my frame being a tad short and this is a great way to experiment but Im suprised why they didn't make the clam area wider. It only seems reasonable with modern wide bars. I'm also slowly reaslising that this low cockpit trend went too far. I'd much rather have bars a bit higher at full stretch. Still I'm curious and would gladly try it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Thought about it too.

Also - are there some alignment indicators on the stem so you don't have your bars a bit awkward ?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I like the idea, but not so much the execution. Would like to see more direct mount stems with oblong mounting holes and height shims (which Specialized is quasi doing) for incremental/independent adjustments.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I had a split second dm 25.4mm. I was able to bend them with my arm meats by yanking up on one side of the bars will pushing down on the other. Got rid of it on the spot and replaced with sunline dm.

Be curious if you could do it with this stem.
never found a bar/stem I couldn't "flex" doing that ^^
I replaced an old 25.4 funn DM stem (the original heavy one) with a 25.4 Point1 DM and found the (same) bars flexed slightly less if anything, def not more.

I'd really like to see a video of you "bending" one tho :D