Quantcast

just moved to seattle need places to ride and people to ride with

thevan

Chimp
Jan 5, 2002
seattle/boulder?
i just moved here from the denver area and trying to check out the "scene" here. find people to ride with, places to ride , iv'e been to south sea-tac so far ...pretty sweet but i'd like to find some "whole trails" as well. i brought my 6" freeride bike so i would like to find some nice places that would be good to ride that. i've heard about some DJ spots but I did'nt bring my street bike so...just wondering where all the real riders are in seattle i'm staying down town for now . and all i've been seeing are those fixed gear trendy kids everywear. and i like "coasting" so....i would like to meet some peolpe who can really ride...
right not i'm at some internet cafe. so...i'll check back tomarrow ...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the good, legal dh riding near seattle is all in bc :D

nuclear 674

Monkey
Aug 12, 2005
ahead of you!!!
gailbrath mtn for north shore style trails and regular trails so i have been told. you can try transition bikes website, thoes guys just moved from seattle to bellingham and are super cool and know lots of riding places. if your into coming south hit me up there is a couple of cool places around here also.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Many people would appreciate it greatly if you would NOT name non-public trails on in a public forum. If you built the trail it is yours to advertise if you did not, then it isn't.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
nuclear 674 said:
check out exit 27 of i-90 for downhill freeride, gailbrath mtn for north shore style trails and regular trails so i have been told. you can try transition bikes website, thoes guys just moved from seattle to bellingham and are super cool and know lots of riding places. if your into coming south hit me up there is a couple of cool places around here also.
Please don't mention trail #1, but Galbraith has some good riding. I didn't know that Transition moved to Bellingham, that's cool.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Check out the Backcountry Bicycle Trail Club, their web site is BBTC.Org. They have about 1000 members and they schedule rides almost every day, mostly in the Sound area. They dont do much shuttling but they will ride some of the most difficult trails in the state. They have a ride scheduled for next Sunday that will have at least 10,000 feet of climbing and will take 14 hours or so to complete so riders will probably be packing lights.

Over here in Cle Elum we have Rat Pac trail which is private and has about 6 stunts on it. Its been gated for shuttles all summer and some logging destroyed a little of the trail, but still a nice trail if you have good skills. A few miles away over in Taneum there are two big bike downhill trails Gooseberry Flat and Gnat Flat. Both would be perfect if you have someone to run a shuttle. If you dont mind pedaling a little and would prefer something not as steep and longer their is Taneum Ridge Roller.
All three drop into Taneum Junction Campground.

thevan

Chimp
Jan 5, 2002
seattle/boulder?
thanks for all the tips...sorry, i was'nt suggesting anyone put directions to "off the radar" stuff up online ....but thanks. just wanted to find a few places to meet some riders...and go from there....thanks for all the spots though...
anybody wanna ride today, or tomarrow?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:
A book you might want to invest in as well is "Kissing the Trail" by John Zilly. Great Seattle area trail book. Can get it at REI...
Don't listen to Mmike he's still a little tiffy he never could quite break into "the scene".

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I work in Downtown in the Washington Mutual tower and ride all the time so if you are looking to ride some trails, I don't mind taking you. There's a ton of killer spots and lots of good talent/riders here. Most likely will be heading to SST after work on Wednesday for a little bit if you are game.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Did Walker Ranch ever recover from the great fire of 2001? I lived in Boulder about that time. PM me if you want to get a ride on. We can trash talk about all the Boulder Trustafarians

thevan

Chimp
Jan 5, 2002
seattle/boulder?
yeah walker got better just lost some trees.
a couple of months ago though someone lit the out house on fire....
i mostly rode upper and lower arkansas and some "new stuff" that is pretty much gone already. and gold hill if you remerber that. got shut down like a year and a half ago... thats why i'm out here...