Quantcast

Just moved to Tacoma

hydro422

Chimp
May 15, 2007
Ogden City
Just moved up here, lookin for some people to go ride with, 20's or 26. I'm down in South Tacoma. Mostly ride street and dirt. Travel is not an issue, just lookin for some good spots.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
There are a bunch of parks in Tacoma. there are some dirt jumps around too....

how are you with a shovel?

DamienD

Monkey
Nov 6, 2007
Bothell
bummer? ya you just moved to the state with the best dirt jumps in the country. theres also great parks and street stuff

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Aside from having to drive to most mountain biking, you're really centrally located to get out to I-90 trails, capitol forest trails, and even Port Angeles trails. Now if you're talking dirt jumps, I'm not really in the loop there anymore. Someone else could probably chime in.
The University Place skatepark is fun, and so is the Gig Harbor skatepark. Parkland is sweet, but last time I went we had to sneak in because of security guards.
Give Tacoma a chance- I lived in that area for a few years and grew to like it a lot. Don't listen to the haters!

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
Downtown is built on a big hill and is full of stairs and it it fun to have a few ales and sandwiches at the local brewpubs and shuttle back up on the bus. Havent done it in a while, but is highly enjoyable. There are sweet dirt jumps in S.side. I have a big BMX and have been riding S.side for years, and still love it with all my heart. Dont expect to see alot of MTBrs out here. Every day I find new stuff.

SS