Quantcast

Just my bikes...

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Not much action here in the trials area, so I'll just post up some photos of my current rides...

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I am trying out a set of Profiles on the Alibongo with a 23T chainwheel. I just want to try out some platform-style pedals (as opposed to the caged ones on there now).

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
got this off ebay recently. i now have a nashabr single speed tensioner on it
Nice bike. Just watch those cranks. I had the exact same ones and they have been known to strip out the threads a little too easily...

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Nice stuff, though I admit I liked it more when they had more mt. bike looking tirals bikes (Hans Rey) rather then the current selection of pogo stick frames. :D
I grew up riding trials and now do mostly street/park/trail but the sport gives you a strong back bone in riding thats for sure. And well known modern riders like Aaron Chase, Eric Porter, Jeff Lenosky ect... all have trials to thank for their riding today.

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
I rode a Simtra ST-1 for a while. Dual Hope Mono Trial brakes, Try-All 108.9 point engagement FFW, Paul Components WORD rear hub to Echo rim, V!Z front hub and rim, V!Z Stem and Bar, Try-All crank.

The bike was amazing but I didn't have the time to dedicate to become good. I traded it for an NS Suburban for parts mostly. I think I will be happier riding streed on my new Dobermann.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
At one point, I had this GU

I sold the frame and cranks for pretty cheap when I decided to change geometries a bit. You can often find used frames or completes for really low prices as long as you are patient.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Damn, what were you doing when it happened? Hopefully not a huge gap or drop...

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
Naw, I'm a trials noob, I was just bunnyhopping a planter and when I came down the cranks went right to the ground and I slid for a few feet across the pavement while I was thinking something was wrong. I was really surprised to look down and see the tubes completely snapped. I was just starting to get pedal kicks from curb to curb (bike length) type thing. I really want to get back to practising and hopefully I'll get my TOP built soon (streety style)!

RAMNATION1

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
OMG that looks bad... I was looking through I guess I will have to post mine.. I am building (almost finished) an ORBEA salsa. I had a HOT S and sold it then started looking at ORBEA's website... this bike doesn't seem to be in production anymore with the dual TT welded together... So I figured why not... I will post when it is near completion...