Quantcast

Just noticed this last night...

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Has anyone seen the new DEGREE deodorant commercial on TV?

Was watching some MTV after work last night to feel better about my life when an add comes up with a guy putting on some ANTI-stink and going for a bike ride when his front wheel comes off...he then rides around in a wheelie trying to catch up with it.

I realized that the rider was TV (Vanderham)... anybody else able to confirm this?

Also thought it was a bit funny that they stripped the graphics off the 36 and what looks like the giant reign he was riding...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I wonder what commercial rates are these days?

mid 90's Lopes and King made about $180k each for the mountain dew commercial they did (after tons of residuals).

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I wonder what commercial rates are these days?

mid 90's Lopes and King made about $180k each for the mountain dew commercial they did (after tons of residuals).
What ever happened to Mike King? I absolutely loved him in the mid-late 90s. I even bought a Haro DSR my freshman year of high school just because he rode it.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
What ever happened to Mike King? I absolutely loved him in the mid-late 90s. I even bought a Haro DSR my freshman year of high school just because he rode it.
From Wiki:

Post BMX career

Began MTB in 1993 but raced BMX into 2002. From then he raced exclusively MTB until 2006. Currently he owns a restaurant/bar in San Diego, California that he had opened in February 2005 according to BMX News.com.

In January 2007 he was selected by USA Cycling to be their Director of BMX Programs to develop the BMX team to represent the United States in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Here is his letter to all USA Cycling Elite BMX Athletes dated May 10, 2007.

On June 25, 2008 in his capacity and discretion of being the USA BMX Team Olympic Coach he chose Donny Robinson to the fourth member of the USA BMX Team to go to the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China to represent the USA along with Teammates Jill Kintner, Kyle Bennett, and Mike Day at BMX's debut in the Summer Olympics.