Quantcast

Just one pic

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Shaw Butte... that's a serious climb. I hiked up it a couple of months ago and remember specifically thinking that I wouldn't want to bike up something like that.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
that's a nice-looking ride ... do you ride from the elevation of the plain? How long does it take you to get up there?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Shaw butte..... ah the memories. That used to be where we would train when we didn't have time to actually ride somewhere. Oh the pain of the hill repeats to the top.....

I don't know if I really want those memories coming back.

Good climb none the less.

Keep the pics a coming. I love seeing shots from my old stompin grounds.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
dump said:
that's a nice-looking ride ... do you ride from the elevation of the plain? How long does it take you to get up there?
Thanks!

No, you start at some elevation, the photo is looking south back towards downtown (barely visible on the left). The ride is actually a rocky road going up to a set of towers. Mostly hikers but MTBers use it for a training climb. It didn't seem like it took all that long to get up here. I stalled once during a particularly steep section about half way up and had to walk until I could find a place flat enough to get back in the pedals. Several difficult climbs later on another trail seemed like a cake walk after climbing this.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Nice pic Trainwreck. Sorry creamofsomeyoungguy hijacked your thread.

J

JRB

Nice - I used to like climbing. Not so much anymore, but it takes you to good spots.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I don't care what the haters say, I think that's one sweet bike. Its a little overkill for me and my riding style, so I'd go with the Epiphany over the Moment, but its still a killer bike.

We've got that same haze along the front range of CO. It stretches as far as you can see both north and south of Denver. Some days its not so bad. Some days it makes me want to puke.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Dude, that's a rad picture. I just found a new desktop! At first I wanted to say get the bike out of it, but the more I think about, the bike adds a lot to it. It shows a great contrast between the city and how you've escaped it. Cities sure look a lot simpler from afar.

Keep it up, and show us more pics of them crazy desert people!