Quantcast

Just purchased star wars tickets...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
golgiaparatus said:
I just dont feel right unless I have 4 darth vaders, a couple of lukes and a darth maul sitting in the same row as me. Movie phone is great :) Welcome to the freakshow. :evil:
Sorry dude but.....................

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I ain't buyin' no advance tickets... but I'll probably be one of the dorks who goes to see it the first day. There's never been a problem getting tickets here, must be we're a small enough town.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They'll keep making them because people will keep buying tickets and the movie companies will keep making money. No matter how bad a movie is it typically still makes money so there is no motivation to make good ones. It is the only industry that I know of where you can serve a turd on a plate and still get paid.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
They'll keep making them because people will keep buying tickets and the movie companies will keep making money. No matter how bad a movie is it typically still makes money so there is no motivation to make good ones. It is the only industry that I know of where you can serve a turd on a plate and still get paid.
Episodes 1 and 2 made what, $500 million each? If Episode 3 makes anywhere near that, somehow someway Episodes 7-9 will get done. No way a possible $1.5 billion+ gets ignored.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
golgiaparatus said:
Web... took about 30 seconds.
Dont worry now :monkeys: i'll take a digi camera so I can capture the insanity... I hope someone comes as yoda... that would be the sh!t... a full grown yoda with a large gut.

If you want to capture the insanity just take a picture of yourself.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
golgiaparatus said:
I just dont feel right unless I have 4 darth vaders, a couple of lukes and a darth maul sitting in the same row as me. Movie phone is great :) Welcome to the freakshow. :evil:

i am sorry to hear that

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I would dress as the ghost of obi wan, that way nobody will be able to see you at the prequal...afterall do you really want somebody coming up to you at a later date and saying "hey weren't you the yoda at the opening of starwars, I was the cloud car pilot". As far as I am concerned there are only 3 star wars movies, and none of them include the sorry excuse for movies the prequals have been.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
What exactly is the "Jedi Sith Rule"? :confused:

-S.S.-
First Jedi Sith Rule...

You don't talk about Jedi Sith Club!

Yeah, I'll see it... I'm a geek, dang it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
GumbaFish said:
...afterall do you really want somebody coming up to you at a later date and saying "hey weren't you the yoda at the opening of starwars, I was the cloud car pilot".

Yes.......almost like RideMonkey, right?

"Hey....didn't I see you at the Monkeyfest? You were riding the blue Yeti with the 05 Pike and the DeeMax wheels? I was the guy on the all-white Bullit with a Boxxer and 2.5 Nevegals."

:nuts:

We're geeks viewed in the eyes of others.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Haha touche` greyhound, I guess you are right...It just seems less dorky because I am into bikes and its something outdoors and athletic. I'd still rather be a bike geek then a starwars nerd however.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
GumbaFish said:
Haha touche` greyhound, I guess you are right...It just seems less dorky because I am into bikes and its something outdoors and athletic. I'd still rather be a bike geek then a starwars nerd however.
What I'd like to see is a battle of the New Star Wars nerds vs. the Old Star Wars nerds...... :p

-S.S.-