Quantcast

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Saddest day ever. Six months. Security Forces.

At least she won't be leaving the base.

Plus she left me her car. 2009 Mazda 3 sport.

I wonder if they would get mad if I sent her cruiser to Iraq.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Bummer....I'll be shipping over in alittle bit and can track her down and say hi for you. Just kiddin' it'll be over before ya know it.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I sent my wife to Afghanistan for six months.
Came back with an exwife and she kept my Litespeed she took with her.

Whatever you do, you be as sweet as sugar in your emails, don't get mad over the phone, send goodies, kiss her high and pert ass if you want to keep her. The minute you make her mad, sad, angry or horny there will be ten swinging dicks to step in and take your place.

And don't wreck the car, or have sex in it, as others have suggested. Just remember, they have video cameras over there too. Revenge is a real whore.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Keep it in perspective by thinking of the happiest day ever, when she steps back off that plane 6 months from now.

Keep positive and be supportive.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
She's at Creech right now training. Its going good. My bed feels pretty empty. I plan on sending her some cruise tickets halfway though her deployment.

Jhon E, what do you know about Balad? Pretty safe? I am worried as piss about her.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
She's at Creech right now training. Its going good. My bed feels pretty empty. I plan on sending her some cruise tickets halfway though her deployment.

Jhon E, what do you know about Balad? Pretty safe? I am worried as piss about her.
I've been to Balad AB 3 times now so I can give you a little insight. Balad is probably one of the safest bases in Iraq. There are rocket and mortar attacks daily, I am not trying to scare you just giving you the facts. On a good note though, the rockets and mortars are 1950's soviet and chinese and rarely detonate. There is also a FANTASTIC warning system that she will def. tell you about while she is there. There were 12 Phalanx radar automated guns all around the base. 2000rds a second and they are explosive rounds so they don't fall back down. Such a badass experience and LOUD.

While I was there, there was only 1 injury from a mortar because the idiot ran instead of hit the deck when the alarm went off.

Tell her to make the most of her time there and enjoy the experience.

My most rewarding experience while there was working in the base hospital which is the largest and busiest in Iraq.

If you need any more info or helpful tips or if she needs some more info about the base, how to get around the fastest, etc don't hesitate to pm me or email me at rufusphotography@mac.com

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Rufus hit it pretty well...I have only passed through Balad en route to other places. But it has a good rep these days.

Dont count days, it will only make it longer for you.
Creech is worse than Balad. What a sh*t hole...

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Thanks Rufus & Jhon E. That gun is awesome. I feel better about it. Yeah, it's only been a few days, but I've already noticed that the hone is not a substitute for hanging out.

I wish I was getting deployed at the same time. It would make my life a lot easier.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I just wrecker her car. No lie. Drove through a barbed wire fence. Not much damage. The bumper is jacked up and the wiring harness for the forward blinker on the left side was ripped out.

Possibly loosing the gf when i tell her tomorrow... She specifically told me to drive it very carefully. She got it less than four months ago...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Dont sweat it, it will pass quickly. Stay in touch, send her goodies now and again, email daily.

Oh yeah, and dont wreck her car.
some people are born to fail..... his posts should be prefixed with a pic of the robot outta lost in space with the words

Warning! Warning imminent fail approaching!

But for all that dude, I hope it all works out alright for you and your girl.
good luck with the phone call. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just wrecker her car. No lie. Drove through a barbed wire fence. Not much damage. The bumper is jacked up and the wiring harness for the forward blinker on the left side was ripped out.

Possibly loosing the gf when i tell her tomorrow... She specifically told me to drive it very carefully. She got it less than four months ago...
How the hell do you drive through a barbed wire fence?

You deserve whatever punishment she throws your way.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I missed a stop sign, Drove across a street, hit the fence post or whatever, and drove over it.

It was really ****ty weather last night. I'm glad the car didn't get stuck in the mud.

All the people in my shop saw it happen.

Edit: I acknowledge all fault. It was my bad, the bad weather didn't help my last minute slaming on the breaks, the abs went into overdrive trying to stop me.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The single car accident, no one to blame but the DOT, auto manufacturer, the weather channel, Isaac Newton and god. PM Toshi for some good excuses.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Did you ever think that maybe she has more important things on her mind right now?

You could have fixed the damage to her car and told her about it after she returned.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
No. it's my fault. I blew through a stop sign.

She called me back, "I'm not mad, I'm glad your safe, get it fixed, I love you."

So, I canceled my leave, and will be taking it to the body shop tomorrow.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ask Loco? He hit a barbed wire fence eight feet off the side of a perfectly straight road while on his bike.
:rofl:

Sometimes I think you post here for the sole purpose of humiliating loco.

Of course, we all appreciate your efforts.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
cars fixed. I just broke up with her. It was dirty.

"I really liked you" "I'm going to die single" "Your only the second person in my life who really treated me nice" "I feel like everything you told me was a lie" "I told my whole family about you"

I started crying.
I know I'll cheat. I wanted to break up before that happened. Or before it happened to me.

Six months is a long time. We can't even figure out what to talk about on the phone. It's just awkward.

I hate breaking up. I always feel like a **** bag.