Quantcast

Just ran into some guy on a fixie

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
That's it... nothing earth shattering. Working on a college campus I see people on bikes pretty regularly... but they are usually POS walmart bikes ridden by people who know nothing about riding, and who are lucky to stay on 2 wheels.

Just thought it was cool to see someone who actually knows something about riding.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Too bad you didn't work at my school. I used to ride my bike there and launch off /down stairs all the time on my way to class. I'll never forget the faces of the parents on the tour when I flew by them in mid air on a stair set.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
how do you decend hills on a fixie anyway..???
Lots of options. You can spin out like crazy, keep it slow with reverse leg pressure, skid by lifting weight off the wheel and locking up with your legs, use the old shoe-on-the-tire trick or...run a front brake and feather it a bit.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Lots of options. You can spin out like crazy, keep it slow with reverse leg pressure, skid by lifting weight off the wheel and locking up with your legs, use the old shoe-on-the-tire trick or...run a front brake and feather it a bit.
front brake :rolleyes:

haha i end up walking down a few hills around here on my pista because there is a turn at the end of the hill :busted:

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
There are a couple messengers in portland that have pink no brake fixies. The pink fixie riders are always the most hardcore.

all the hardcore guys in sacto/ downtown/ mid sac liekt o cover their bikes in electrical tape and or black paint. pretty hard yo

Mar 9, 2006
behind you !!! ARRRR...
Run a brake, where I come from we call that GAY (not that there is anything wrong with that).

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
what 'bout just taking your feet off the pedals?