Quantcast

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
very cool , how many days is the ride ?
1 or 2 (depends on what you're looking for...)

looks like you weather should be good, this will be the first year I havent done it in a while.

you gonna do it in one day or two?

one day is alot more fun, the two day is full of stops and starts and alot more people
1 day. Aiming for 14 hours or less. Hopefully my bro-in-law and I can find a good group to stick with. Then we're going to do a brewery tour on Sunday before we head back to Seattle w/ the wives.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
perfect, I used to park my 5th wheel in the river RV park in portland and take the shuttle to seattle, small camel back with some goodies and I was self sufficient.

finsh in p town and chill for a bit then coast down to the RV and hot shower and veg for the night.

good times

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
perfect, I used to park my 5th wheel in the river RV park in portland and take the shuttle to seattle, small camel back with some goodies and I was self sufficient.

finsh in p town and chill for a bit then coast down to the RV and hot shower and veg for the night.

good times
word...

We'll probably get a hotel room 'er somethin' for Saturday night....Then I think we'll bomb 'er in one day, roll in around 5-6-7pm, party, eat, eat, eat, sleep. Then do a pub/brewery crawl around town on Sunday before hooking up with the train back to sea-town...should be a good weekend!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Aight yo. So it's T-minus 12 days...fuq. I've ridden 843 miles this month in preparation...maybe that'll be enough...

Still planning on doing the 1-day option. Bro-in-law lost a week and a half of riding/training cause of a cracked frame which should be remedied today or tomorrow...whoopee.

I'm tired just thinking about it.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Huh...I think a harbinger of doom just reared it's ugly head...

On the ride home last night, I popped two more spokes on my rear wheel. Down to 33...gotta get all 3 of those fixed tonight!

New brake pads too...

Oh. And new pedals. Turns out the replacement axles for my Ultegra's kinda crapped out on me. I think I screwed something up inside the pedal body when the previous bearings disintegrated.

This is turning into a major ordeal. I just want to ride...jeezuz.