Quantcast

Just registered the man-child for his first triathlon

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
We have no idea what we're doing but a kids triathlon sounds pretty fun. 100yd swim, 1 mile trail run and 4.1 mile ride on a mostly paved greenway.

I asked him about it yesterday to see if he was interested and he was like, "um..sure..sounds fun" :D

so bright and early this sunday morning he'll find out whether he loves or hates tri's ;)

it's been an off-season for him in regards to riding but i haven't pushed him for fear of pushing him out of a sport in which he has obvious talent. hopefully a fun tri like this will spark his interest. he has excelled in gymnastics this year but i'd love to see him back on the bike more.

any other parent monkeys taken their kid(s) to one of these events?

http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/Parks/Facilities/trails/kidstri.htm

obligatory lil-manimal riding shot from this season ;) (Lee's McRae Dual Slalom race, July 2010)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'd put my 6 year old in one, but she's more of animal than a dog. She would run/bike/swim til her toes fell off if you let her.

i realized she was a mutant this summer when she went from level II swim class to level IV in 1 weeks time and was waving at me sitting on her butt in the bottom of the 10 foot.:thumb:

If he has any sort of an obsessive gene, you'll see it this race.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I've been working for a month to get that berm dialed in, and it looks like hes shredding it up after one day! :rolleyes:

As for the tri, good luck to him, I'm sure he'll destroy the rest of the kids his age when he gets on the bike
haha...those small wheels help him out in tight berms ;)

i can't decide which bike he should ride. he has his 20" that he can XC fairly well if the seat is way up but he can also ride mrs. manimal's 13.5" framed 26" bike. the course is mostly paved and i think he'll be faster on the big bike but he wants to ride his 20" so he can "jump rocks and curbs and stuff" ;) :thumb:
i find it amusing that most tri types are worried about weight, aero, cadence, etc...and noah just wants to huck things along the way :rofl:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Wow... I just cant believe how big he is now. I remember some of your vids from a while back when he was jsut learning to ride.

Oh shoot... Talked to a cop. I take that all back. I cannot comment on if I have seen or not seen how he has grown. I cannot even say if I have sight or even exist at all. Maybe I'm just a figment of your imagination. Nothing to see here... move along... move along.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
he kicked butt today! finished 48 out of over 100. got smoked in the pool, kept up on the run (but stopped for a few minutes to wait for an adult with a girl who had sprained her ankle), and passed about 15 kids on the bike portion. he was thoroughly spent at the uphill finish line but sprinted across the line anyway. i r proud :D :thumb:

in line for the 10 second interval starts (he's standing with his age group and is still one of the shortest kids out there :rofl: ;) )

in the pool

taking off for the run...putting on his jersey on the way

final 50 yds of the run with the "little sister cheering club" running in with him :D

bike transtion (he rode mrs. manimal's bike...and the big wheels helped!...he also had his azonic helmet with built in speakers so i rigged up his mp3 player in his jersey..he was rockin' during the ride ;) )

more cowbell!! "little sister cheering club"

sprinting up the finish line hill, determined to stay in front of the kid behind him

one happy and tired kid :thumb:

he just told me that he want's to do another one...looks like it's time to teach him how to swim faster ;)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
haha...those small wheels help him out in tight berms ;)

i can't decide which bike he should ride. he has his 20" that he can XC fairly well if the seat is way up but he can also ride mrs. manimal's 13.5" framed 26" bike. the course is mostly paved and i think he'll be faster on the big bike but he wants to ride his 20" so he can "jump rocks and curbs and stuff" ;) :thumb:
i find it amusing that most tri types are worried about weight, aero, cadence, etc...and noah just wants to huck things along the way :rofl:
C'mon, you know what bike he should ride.....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
it'll never happen! as a matter of fact, we saw a girl with decked out kid-sized tri bike on a roof rack and noah turned to me and laughingly said, "hahaha...roadie" :rofl: i've trained that boy right!
:rofl:

Props to your offspring.

Keep that boy on dirt. Every roadie who tries to follow me into the SL trails keeps asking how to get out.