Quantcast

Just saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
The school does a three night outdoor concert thing in the fall and spring, and tonight (final concert of Spring) was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I've never gotten into them before, and now I don't think I want to. Kinda boring. Lots of angry lesbians in the crowd. At least it was free, and I didn't bring a camera to take pictures of the nutty lead...

However, they were better than Yellowcard last night. :nopity:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
IT WAS FREE! Something to do, free...

Nothing's better than a crappy Yellowcard concert drunk. I kid you not.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
blue said:
The school does a three night outdoor concert thing in the fall and spring, and tonight (final concert of Spring) was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I've never gotten into them before, and now I don't think I want to. Kinda boring. Lots of angry lesbians in the crowd. At least it was free, and I didn't bring a camera to take pictures of the nutty lead...

However, they were better than Yellowcard last night. :nopity:
The YYY's latest CD is definitely more chill than the their previous art rock gasoline explosion, making their live show more sedate as well. (I saw them play in D.C. a couple weeks ago.)

Sorry the lesbians in your area seemed upset.:confused:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
F these guys. I am going this Friday and I think it will the best concert of the spring season.

What I am worried about is going blind during the show...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah, she wore a sparkly unitard for the first half, and then a bizarre octopus/skeleton type thingy in the second.

There was a pack of 5 angry lesbians eating people.

Actually, they were forcing their way through the crowd, and the one who had shaven off all of her body hair took it upon herself to get "up in the grill" of every person that stood in her way. I watched her get punched in the head. Much funny. Especially for a YYY concert. Perhaps it's just the "Salt Lake" effect. Happens with the "alt" crowd 'round these parts.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
blue said:
Yeah, she wore a sparkly unitard for the first half, and then a bizarre octopus/skeleton type thingy in the second.

There was a pack of 5 angry lesbians eating people.

Actually, they were forcing their way through the crowd, and the one who had shaven off all of her body hair took it upon herself to get "up in the grill" of every person that stood in her way. I watched her get punched in the head. Much funny. Especially for a YYY concert. Perhaps it's just the "Salt Lake" effect. Happens with the "alt" crowd 'round these parts.
Well, anyone who decides to play football in the pit (hell, anywhere in the crowd), is fair game for retaliation.

A hundred years ago at a Butthole Surfers concert, a guy dancing with his elbows up, hit me in my eyeglasses after tagging 3 or 4 other guys in the face. I knocked him straight to the ground.

However, one thing I don't particularly like is aggressive people at less aggressive shows. Dillinger Escape Plan, ok to kick and punch, but concerts like The White Stripes, I don't like getting pushed around.

Not because I am not expecting it, but I feel like an idiot thrashing some guy who thinks shoving is cool because he saw it on a punk video. At a real punk show, people know where to thrash and where to be cool.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
EXACTLY! It was a YYY show, no pit, nothing, occasional bouncing. Everyone cheered the dude that decked her, and her bitches scurried. Good times.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
I dont know anything about this new music you emo kids are into these days, but I have a super-soft spot for most female singers no matter how pretentious or shoe-gazing their bands might be...but I heard that one YYY song "oooo-ooooo....gold lines gonna (tell her something- I dont know) oo ahhh" kinda Joan Jett biting ditty and That's all I need to know...I like her singing - it's got woman all up in it and I dont care what the world thinks about that. You go get some of that and try to celebrate the angry diversity around you.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Backpack1 said:
I dont know anything about this new music you emo kids are into these days, but I have a super-soft spot for most female singers no matter how pretentious or shoe-gazing their bands might be...but I heard that one YYY song "oooo-ooooo....gold lines gonna (tell her something- I dont know) oo ahhh" kinda Joan Jett biting ditty and That's all I need to know...I like her singing - it's got woman all up in it and I dont care what the world thinks about that. You go get some of that and try to celebrate the angry diversity around you.
I'm no emo kid!!!!! I'm GNARCORE!!!!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Oh god, the emo kids there...I think I saw at least 30 of them walking their fixies. It made me cry.

sanjuro said:
Frankly, I would be nervous to mess around at a show in SLC. I saw SLC Punk!
BWAHAHAHA! Love that movie.

80% of the kids at shows around here are Mormons trying to be rebellious. Kind of like Amish kids wearing shiny buttons...

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
sanjuro said:
I'm no emo kid!!!!! I'm GNARCORE!!!!
Word! didn't mean you, but I heard the song on an "Alternative' station.
I am fully down with the westcoast HC scene since THE DAY! and support all forms of pitbossery ...except when the Skins (back when they were real lifer nazi losers on a 1-way ride to the Klan or Tom Mtezger) would dominate by force
and do a slow tard-strut around the periphery cuz those fools cant skank. The Skins are gone the Dykes are in.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Do they claim to be anti-Nazi Triad skins?

Is Triad the skinhead term for pussy? Between them and the sXe kids...

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
blue said:
Do they claim to be anti-Nazi Triad skins?

Is Triad the skinhead term for pussy? Between them and the sXe kids...

No I'm talking about real rascist skinheads...ignorant haters from the 80s