Quantcast

Just say NO to Whistler

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Mike Westra had to. He's worked pretty hard underneath that freeway for the last 3 years he's gone and trashed his elbow.

Westra is a super nice guy and i'm proud to have worked with him at the park and i'm happy to have him be a friend.

He really was going to hit Whistler but now he can't go. And he's been crazy devoted to trying to get the park done good before the deadline. So much so he never gave himself the rest he needed to heal.

i work in construction, i know how much he SHOULD be getting paid for what he's doing and he's not getting close to what he deserves for the dedication he's sacrificed for mountain biking.

So i'm writing this on behalf of Westra, many of you have met him, he's solid. If you got a couple of hours to kill, give him a hand. Any help you could give now is like gold. Only a couple weeks left before construction ends.

http://www.bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_type=W&view=all

Last edited:

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
I wish I lived there, I would totally come build..... I liked the park a lot when I did stop by and check it out on my way to whistler. Good Job Mike Westra, and I hope some people can help him out and put in some work to get it finished.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
So sorry to hear about Mike. I know he was starting to feel the elbow a couple weeks ago. Ray and I will be down there for the Wed work party.

Then REI is sponsoring a work party next week which should be fun, plus there's goodies! Sign up on the bbtc.org site.

Even if you don't come down for an official work party, there's stuff to do like pick up trash or watering things like the drops. Want to have it all purty for the grand opening!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Today Mike was working and his arm fell off. The doctors said if he doesn't get help soon he may lose a leg too. It's only a matter of time before he has no arms or legs!

Only a couple weeks left....