Quantcast

Just submitted my first t-shirt design to Threadless.com

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I'm "kicking it" at Motionboy2's place, and he asks me if I can design up a custom cigar band for his good friend's wedding. Being that I am broke and need to borrow $5 to put gas in my truck from him just to get home (I love being a new business owner!) I politely oblige. Somewhere during the evening, he directs me to Threadless.com where you can submit t-shirt designs to be scored and voted on, and if your design "wins" and is chosen, you get $1000 and they print and sell your t-shirts. Pretty dang cool business model, I think.

So I designed it up an idea and submitted it. I'm stoked, like a schoolgirl at her first freshman dance! Will they pick mine? Will they pick mine? How 'bout now? Did they pick it yet?

And where are those damn Ridemonkey jerseys I was supposed to design anyways?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Full Trucker said:
and if your design "wins" and is chosen, you get $1000 and they print and sell your t-shirts. Pretty dang cool business model, I think.
Do you have any idea how much $$ you could make off a decent design?

You "win" $1000 and they "win" ALOT more than that. What a scam!

Let me kmow if that one doesn't get picked, I can print them for you in the traditional business model. You can make 100-200% profit on most good shirt designs.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Mackie said:
Not bad -
My wife made this one on a onesie & a little t-shirt for our daughter when she was born:
That's awesome! Love it! :thumb:

And H8R: Transcend and I talked last night about having you print up some if the Threadless thing doesn't work out. The nice thing about Threadless is... I don't have to do anything except design, which I do anyways, all the time. I don't really want to start a t-shirt company, but it's a fun creative outlet to have everynow and then, with a possibility of a payback. And when I was saying "nice business model" I totally meant for THEM... not for the designer at ALL. :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
H8R said:
Do you have any idea how much $$ you could make off a decent design?

You "win" $1000 and they "win" ALOT more than that. What a scam!

Let me know if that one doesn't get picked, I can print them for you in the traditional business model. You can make 100-200% profit on most good shirt designs.
While FT and MB were having their brokeback sleepover, I suggested this to them actually.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Morryjg said:
forgot to say.....tell us when your's is posted. Maybe we can influence the vote.
Awww thanks! I wasn't really going for the SPAM action (yeah right ;)) but it would be cool to have my vote influenced every now and again!

Did I say that outloud? :think: