Quantcast

Just thought I would share.....

Kiltim

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Okinawa, Japan
Bored at work. Lemme share out some pics I took of beautiful Okinawa........

This is the western ocean view from some castle ruins in southern Okinawa.

This is a picture of a reef at low tide. Taken from a lookout point at Peace-Prayer Park, where the last battle in the Battle of Okinawa took place during WWII.

This is looking up the western cliffs at Mida Point in southern Okinawa. Taken from the top of a lighthouse that stands on the most southern point of the island.

A boat parked out in the reef. Taken from on top of the lighthouse.

Looking up the eastern coastline. Taken from the lighthouse.

Kiltim

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Okinawa, Japan
and some more....

The lighthouse at Mida Point.

A view overlooking the war memorial at Peace Prayer Park. The rows of black marble stones at the bottom of the picture have the names of all the Japanese and American soldiers that died during the Battle of Okinawa.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
BurlyShirley said:
Get yourself an "Island Princess?"
Hey Burly, you reminded me of a story...

When I was in Australia, I got sent down there to handle the media stuff for a unit coming from Okinawa. I was at a bus stop with a bunch of other Marines and some of them were women. "Island Princesses" if you will. Anyway, it was great because none of the dudes were paying them ANY attention at all, even though they were all dolled up. Somebody from back in the crowd yelled at them "How does it feel to be ugly again?" And then everybody busted out laughing because it was so true.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BurlyShirley said:
Hey Burly, you reminded me of a story...

When I was in Australia, I got sent down there to handle the media stuff for a unit coming from Okinawa. I was at a bus stop with a bunch of other Marines and some of them were women. "Island Princesses" if you will. Anyway, it was great because none of the dudes were paying them ANY attention at all, even though they were all dolled up. Somebody from back in the crowd yelled at them "How does it feel to be ugly again?" And then everybody busted out laughing because it was so true.
Are you tlking to yourself?